Chapter eight

Getting ready

Today's the day, I am going to be given away without a second thought. I am going to get out of this prison only to walk into another prison. The difference is, that prison will be a castle.

After the fall dance, we received a letter informing us of the date of the engagement dance, which is today. I was shocked that day, I thought I had a chance that they picked someone else other than me. But looks like the king has eyes for me as his son's wife. I am not sure what's the answer to 'why me'.

Yesterday, carriages have come to our house and picked up everything we wanted making it empty. My mother's belongings were moved to her new house. And mine, must be in my new room in that castle.

I had just put on the green backless dress my mother had burrowed when two ladies and a man came into my room right after my mother did.

I looked at them confused. "What?" I murmured shifting my eyes to each one of theirs.

"they are here to help you get ready." My mother said as she quickly walked out leaving me alone with the three strangers that had glowy smiles on their faces.

"Hello" I smiled awkwardly waving my hand a bit. "I am Ella"

"We know darling" a dark-skinned beautiful woman with gorgeous hair spoke. She was middle-aged, but sure looked way prettier than me. I hope I age that well. "My name is Destiny and you will be seeing a lot more of me."

"I am Amelia" a blonde-haired woman spoke right after destiny stopped talking. She placed the box she had in her hand on the table in front of me. "And this is," she pointed at the man with the buzz cut behind her-

"Hello, I am Ambrose" he introduced himself, "I will be your make-up artist." I gave him a smile, overwhelmed by how excited they were as they approached me.

"Alright" Amelia started, "I see that she has a really nice dress on already, no need for this one" she lifted her right arm up getting my attention to the black dress bag that is rested on her arm.

"I agree, her dress is gorgeous" Destiny said as both Amelia and Ambrose nodded.

"Alright, let get to work" Ambrose said as he opened the box Amelia left on the table in front of me not so long ago, "I will stick with green to match your dress."

I nodded with a slight smile.
I watched as each one of them worked hard to make me look as gorgeous as I can look.

"She is naturally beautiful." Ambrose said as they all nodded, "Look how natural I made the make-up look?" -He turned my face slightly for them to see- "she doesn't need any cover-up. Just adding colour to give it a last touch."

Amelia got glowy heels out of a box and Bent down to help me wear them. I just let them do whatever they wanted without arguing, I looked at the mirror in silence with so many thoughts rushing in my head.

And before I knew it, "Done!" Destiny said as the three of them looked at me proud of their work. I thanked them with a fake smile on my face. It's not like I don't like the work they did, because I do. I really do. It's the fact that I will walk out of this house any minute now without ever coming back. It's not like i have happy memories in the last years but- it's the only place that I could see my father in every corner and every place in this tiny house.