You're Perfect (Chaeryeong) Pt.4

---------------Y/N POV

---------------
Y/N POV

You had just finished your work at your part-time job at the cafe, and you headed over to the JYP building to practice for the next upcoming ITZY performance. Honestly, training at JYP was beyond exhausting, but you pushed through, wanting to have a lot of stage experience before becoming a K-Pop idol. However, not all of it was horrible. There was one bright side, and that was that you could finally see the angel you admired with all your heart, Chaeryeong.

After the MAMA festival, our bond had gotten even closer than before. The two of you were so close that you even spent Christmas together. With each moment of us spending time with each other, you could feel your feelings for her change into a romantic interest. Although you were sure she didn't feel the same way, that didn't stop you from catching feelings. The one-sided love... Forever stuck in the friendzone.

You even showed up to practice 45 minutes early, wanting to spend a little bit of time with her alone since she would always be in the dance room by her lonesome. She had always been an enormous practice bug, wanting to perfect the choreography light years ahead of the rest. As you peeked inside the training room, you didn't see Chaeryeong dancing, but instead, she was submerged in her phone.

"She's not practicing. That's odd," you thought. You quickly made a small devilish plan to prank the girl, but then you noticed something. As you look at her through a crack in the door, you see her shoulders shake. You then heard the sound of sniffling filling the air...

"Is she crying?" you thought. What was going on? Why is Chaeryeong crying?

Y/N: "Chae?" you said, quietly walking in, worried about what happened to your crush.

Chaeryeong: "Y/N?" she said as she turns around, looking at you with bloodshot eyes

Chaeryeong: "Y/N?" she said as she turns around, looking at you with bloodshot eyes. After making eye contact with you, she turns around once more and quickly uses her sleeves to wipe away the tears. After fixing herself, she faced you and said. "What's up?" she said in a cheery voice yet broken voice.

However, even though she was pretending to be happy, the tone of her voice... It made your heartbreak. As a smile appeared on her face, you could see that it was completely faked. It wasn't the natural smile she gave, but one filled with pain and hurt. It broke your heart by just the sight of it...