"Honey" (Hanni) Pt.1

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

As the winds blew across Korea and the sun's rays hit your face, you continued to live your everyday life as an average university student. The routine was waking up early to go to school and working at a nearby cafe your aunt owns. You were fortunate to be able to study abroad at Dong-ah Institute of Media and Arts college, coming from Vietnam. Your parents wanted you to have top-notch education, so they sent you to Korea to study abroad.

You live with your aunt, and to pay for your necessities, you work at her local cafe. Working at her cafe, although somewhat dull due to being slow, was the least you could do as she was putting a roof over your head. You worked roughly five days a week, meaning you were almost always at the cafe working.

Although you were excited to move to a different country and explore new things, you were terrified of being alone. You knew no one in Korea besides your aunt, and although you knew bits of the language, you weren't exactly fluent. You were able to understand and speak, but you weren't able to write it or comfortably speak it. The small language barrier made working at the cafe so much more challenging, but it was one of the reasons why you were able to learn Korean quicker than most.

You were a quiet person with a timid personality. You had trouble communicating with others and were always a person who spoke when spoken to. You weren't antisocial, but you were shy.

Today was like any other day; you worked your typical shift after school

Today was like any other day; you worked your typical shift after school. You stood at the counter as time ticked slowly, listening to the background music that filled the store. There was practically no one in the cafe, only you and your aunt working. You glance and scroll through your phone to pass the time. As you look at your feed, you notice that so many of your friends were in happy relationships, every post filled with laughs and smiles. Although I'm sure that not everything looks like the pictures, you envy your friends being able to find a partner.

Unlike your friends, you were alone. It wasn't like you were not attractive, but you didn't put in the effort to put yourself out there. You were a single pringle, and to see everyone so happy, you wanted to experience that. You wish you could find a partner soon.