Anniversary (Yena)

-------------

This one-shot is going to be a chapter in my upcoming new book

This one-shot is going to be a chapter in my upcoming new book. This is going to be a little hint of what to expect in my Yena book.

-------------

Yena POV

You have been staying in Japan for a few weeks due to IZ*One promoting both in Korea and Japan. Although you loved Japan, you really wanted to go back to Korea for one specific reason... Your one year anniversary as a couple with Y/N was coming up. 

You wanted to spend the day with him, but you knew you couldn't. You were in Japan while he was in Korea, leaving the two of you several thousand miles apart. You wished you guys could go on a date, or maybe even spend the night at his house, but all you two could do currently was call each other.

The two of you promised that you would celebrate the special day when you came back to Korea, but it felt wrong not celebrating the day he officially asked you out to be his girlfriend. You wanted to commemorate this important occasion in person, but as we were currently spread out, we couldn’t. You felt awful about your current situation... It honestly made you feel like a terrible girlfriend...

Although he encouraged you and told you multiple times that it was fine, you couldn't help but think he could hate you because of this. Maybe he would think you were choosing work over him... Or maybe he would choose another girl that was closer to his area. Your little insecurities begin to pick at you, one by one, making you feel down. You tried your best to hide it with your bright personality, but deep inside, you were very concerned about losing him.

Both of us have been through so much these past couples of years of your friendship/relationship. Even though we have only dated for a year, you two have created a bond early within our friendship. It felt like you two were already dating but never made it official.

He was your best friend, supporting you throughout your Produce 48 days. He was one of the main driving forces of you want to succeed. He believed in you and that's what gave you the energy to perform to your utmost ability. You needed him, but did he think the same? Does he feel the same way about you? 

You were in a slight panic, your worries overcoming you. You freaked out a bit until you received a text message from him. You quickly open your phone to read his message.

Y/N: "Happy 1-year Anniversary my little duck," you read his message, making you smile. You were glad that he remembered this important day. You video called him, wanting to see the love of your life’s face.

*Ring Ring*

Y/N: "Annyeonghas-" he said before you cut him off