Chapter 27~ I'm not crazy

Not edited

Y'all make sure to vote n comment as u read, i love reading comments so please comment yall

**TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF RAPE AND MENTAL INSTITUTIONS**

Bella D'Angelo

They know.

They know and there is nothing I can say that will change the way they think of me as of right now, and the way Lucia hadn't said a word during the drive back, she couldn't even do so much as look at me throughout the whole hour it took to get to Ace's house and the second we were here she dropped me off outside and the guards had to let me in.

I let out a small sigh before turning the hot shower I was standing in off as I opened the glass door and stepped out. Grabbing my towel but before I could wrap it around my body I caught myself staring at in the huge mirror in front of me to see my reflection, my eyes running down the few tattoos scattered along my skin before they land on the small medusa tattoo I'd gotten when I was about 20, it sits on the right side of my pelvis and had more detail added onto it after Zane did exactly what Nadian did.

My eyes shut and I tilt my head up towards the ceiling as I let out a deep sigh, 'don't ruin your image of yourself because of what others did to you' Max says that to me every time he so much as thinks I am hating myself for everything that has happened in the past. I wish he was here, I was at home and not standing in this bathroom in a house that belongs to the man I've married. The man who now has not a bit of trust left in me simply because of who my father is.

Little does he know.

I suck in a harsh breath when I hear the door of the room outside this bathroom open and shut as the sound of footsteps echo in the empty bathroom, he's back. I wrap the towel around my body tightly before grabbing the clip I put on the counter and twisting my hair and clipping it against my head to keep it out of my face.

I walk towards the door and suddenly wish I'd brought some clothes into the bathroom to change into, but I didn't, so I walk out in the small towel covering me from him.

The cool air of the room hits me and as much as I tried avoiding eye contact with him my eyes couldn't help but search the room for him. Oh.

My eyes widen and I stare at Ace sitting on the bed as blood drips down his face and continues it's path down the side of his neck, then my eyes fall to the bullet wound that shows a bullet scraped his left arm and missed to pierce his skill fully and even the blood and bruises on his hands.

"What the hell," I whisper and all he does is look at the diamond ring that I put there before going to shower in his hand with a humourless chuckle. I go to help him but before I could even touch him he puts out a hand and lets out a small wince right after.