Chapter 33~ Pillow fight

Not edited

Heyyyy so I'm finally done my damn exams but I have summer school starting soon bcs I wanted an extra credit so that goes on from July 4th to July 28 so the posting for chapters might still be slow so maybe a chapter every week or maybe two chapters a week or smt like that for the next month.

But now that exams are thankfully over I can write a bit more so yeah

Thank you all so much for your pacience and I hope you have a wonderful read, make sure to load up the comments baes

Bella D'Angelo

"Ms Hale, here is the list you asked for," Kyla runs into my office looking at the list of people I asked her for before placing it on my desk, I hear her call me by my name before letting out a small laugh. "Sorry, Mrs. D'Angelo" she corrects herself and I give her a tight lipped smile.

It's been almost three days since Ace and I got to New York and in those three days I've been working on pulling my company out of a hole that Mason Black threw us in, meaning, I had no time to go see Max and Ari yet.

Ace and you barely even see each other.

The night that he told me we were leaving for New York I began packing my clothes and figuring out where to start on fixing the damage done to my company and I got sucked into that so I ended up finishing at about six in the morning. I decided there was no point in going up to Ace's room and sleeping so i just went upstairs to the room I'd stayed in and took a shower, brushed my teeth then went back downstairs and made myself some coffee.

The first day in New York was spent on figuring out where we'd be staying and then I came to my company to find out there's fucking moles hiding and giving confidential information to Mason, the rest of the day was spent on making a list of their names and firing them.

When I went to Ace's penthouse that night I fell asleep in the first room I saw and I'm pretty sure Ace didn't even come to the apartment that night. The second night I barely made it to his place so I ended up falling asleep on the couch on the first floor, once again when I woke up the place was empty.

It's been three days and I haven't seen the man I supposedly live with, it's odd but I won't say that I mind because I don't. Not seeing Ace makes these last few months go by easier.

"You also have a meeting in 10 minutes, the investors are already here and seated in the meeting room" she tells me, pulling me out of my thoughts before hugging her folders and ipad to her chest with a small smile, I run a hand through my hair, nodding as my eyes find the clock and I await for it to hit 8:30.

That's when I clock out for the day and go see Max and Ari, the company is good enough that I can spend one night not worrying about it and go home to my family.