Chapter 34~ Texts

Not edited

heyyy so here is the promised chapter

it's a good long one too have fun and make sure to leave a ton of comments and vote after you're done.

Bella D'Angelo

Bella D'Angelo

I stand by the stove making the singular thing I know how to make, hot chocolate. Max demanded for hot chocolate as the three of them picked a movie to watch so here we are.

I watch the milk carefully not wanting for it to spill out of the pot, my body leans against the counter and I cross my arms. I have never seen Ace D'Angelo, the terrifying mafia man so soft and playful before. Sure he's been playful with the nicknames and remarks he makes with me but never like what just happened out there.

The whole flight here he was prioritizing the press conference that we were supposed to go to tomorrow and now the second Ari mentioned a sleepover the conference flew out of his mind? What the actual hell.

I look and make sure the milk is getting warmed up properly before sighing, I just don't want Ari to get attached to Ace. That was one of the reasons I suggested we leave earlier, her and Max don't know that we're only 'together' for a bit less then five more months now.

But I suppose it's too late for that, she was sitting with Ace and her smile was so big. I just need a way to let her know before the divorce, in the softest way possible.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Ari and Max laughing and I turn around with a small smile on my lips. The sleepover ended up working out after I went up to my room and changed into some sweats and a t-shirt. Max gave Ace a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie as well.

I pull the pot of milk off the stove and move it to the side when I see it's warm enough and I was going to go get the hot chocolate powder but before I could my phone buzzed a few times in my pocket. I asked Kyla to text me a list of deals we had been offered for some extra money on the table so it's probably that.

I need to get as much work done as possible because I cannot let my company go under just because of Mason's butthurt feelings. I will not let my empire drown no matter what happens.

I pull my phone out of my pocket while turning off the stove and click on the messages, my eyebrows furrow when I see it's named 'unknown number.' I have Kyla's contact saved...

Run

I click on it to see what it says and the second I open the chat my body goes tense, I let out a shaky exhale as I click on the image so it can download to be visible and read the messages under it.

'Welcome back to New York, beautiful' says the first message and when the picture loads onto my screen I almost drop my phone. My hand covers my mouth and my breath hitches when I see myself in the picture. It's a picture of me standing right here and putting milk in that pot. My head snaps to the side and I see an open window before a shiver runs down my spine.