Chapter 01

„Dear Diary,

I can't believe I'm really doing this. This is stupid. Writing into something called a Diary is just a waste of time. Sorry book. It just is. But mamá e papá really made me do it. They brought me this stupid book as a gift for my new school and told me to write in it as if it was a friend.

How can a book be a friend? Nothing against you book, but you look like an ugly friend.

You can't even talk back!!! I hate this gift!!! You think me getting announced a witch is at least worth a new muñeco!!! :(

Maybe I will give this book a go, but I honestly doubt it. Mamá says it would do me good to write my thoughts down, it would help me with all these new changes, that she had such a book too.

But I'm not mamá. I hate writing for long. It is boring. "

Jean Weasley sits surrounded by the comfort of blankets and a cup of tea on her bed with a very old diary in her hands. She wipes on the brim of her eyes. Reading the first ever entry of her mother gives her a mix of feelings. She wants to laugh at the way her mother expressed herself and that this bit was actually her first entry and not more, though hearing from her again in any kind of way still hurts.

Not long ago Jade passed peacefully away in the hospital. The first few days weren't as though for Jean as she believed they would be, because the whole Weasley Potter Granger clan helped her through it. Especially Teddy took it as his duty to check on her as often as possible. But now, since everybody returned to their normal lives, it hits Jean like a sledgehammer how lonely she is without any parents to turn to.

Her flat suddenly feels strangely cold, although she lived there alone for a long time now.

She hopes that reading the diary of her mother, actually nicking it from her, will help her to not feel as lonely as she does right now. Taking a sip of her tea she places it down onto the bedside table and turns to the next page.