Chapter 23

"Dear Diary,

I'm not dead. I just haven't got around to write. For the record I managed a long time to write without stopping. However, today happened waaaay too much not to tell you. Be prepared.

First, Gemma snapped at Professor Vektor and we both ended up with detention.

Second, Louis came to a new opinion on who the secret pranker is.

Third, Sean went crazy and stormed off just to come back with a new haircut.

Fourth, Kenneth from the Gryffindors really went all in today pissing someone majorly off (that point is the best one for me)

Fifth, Lee lost his tarantula and no other than Sean would help him.

Yes, yes that really happened only on one day. Let me explain each one of them step by step.

We both know by now that Gemma isn't the type to speak up that easily or to go against a teacher. But Professor Vektor is really something else. She is the Arithmancy professor and is like McGonagall a stern and strict witch. That isn't the problem with her at all. Gemma likes teachers because of that factor. Her favourite teacher is McGi.

The reason behind her sudden outburst lies deeper I believe. Vektor usually finds something in Gemma's essays that she needs to point out every damn time, mostly as a negative example. It is as if she had something against my wonderful friend, who really tries her best in every subject.

Today Vektor hinted at something wrong in an essay again. Much to everyone's surprise and especially mine, Gemma suddenly opened her mouth and said annoyed that if it was her again, the teacher shouldn't even dare to say it aloud again.

It was so silent afterwards. We all just waited for the reaction of the professor. Vektor had a starring contest with Gemma, long enough for everyone to realize that there is a personal hatred between the both of them. We all whispered quietly to one another and when Vektor spoke up to give Gemma detention, the whispers got louder again.

I spoke up to defend Gemma. She didn't do anything wrong to serve detention, she simply stated her mind, something she clearly was allowed to do. And it is true, Vektor usually had something to say about Gemma's essays rather than anyone else's. And mine are way shittier than hers. That's a fact. (no self-pity involved here)

This didn't settle with Vektor as well and now I am serving detention with her. At least I don't have to do that alone.

It had one good outcome, the other classmates have Gemma's back because they realize now too, how often Vektor goes against anything she says. People grew to like Gemma, that's also a reason they immediately jumped to her side.

We serve detention this Friday and my friend turned into a nervous wreck once again, being scared of what she will face. The twins tried to comfort her with telling her what kind of detentions they already had and that none was really bad. It just didn't help Gemma at all. Every time she saw Filch today she would look for a way to hide.

Louis finally gave up on his opinion that Cedric is the secret pranker. He followed that bloke around all of the rest of last year, giving up majorly stalker vibes. Cedric started to realize this year and turned to me for advice in what to do. It was highly uncomfortable for him and I had a long talk with Louis about how it is not okay to follow people around. I felt like my mother scolding Guzman at his dumb life decisions.