Chapter 11

„Dear Diary,

Gemma is still in the hospital wing. Turns out she is resistant to anti-cold potions of Madame Pomfrey and has to rest just like we muggles usually do. It felt weird to not have her sit beside me again, especially in Potions. To work on yourself a whole lesson long can be so tiring.

I never realized how much work Gemma actually did herself when we teamed up. Am I really that lazy when it comes to brewing potions?

I mean, it's not that I don't want to do anything at all, it's just that Gemma can already do it way better than me anyways and she's so fast, so why not using that a bit to my and her advantage? Yes, I know what you think now, that those are just silly ways to talk myself out of work and this here is me trying to justify not working harder, but in all honesty, I fucked that potion up today and Gemma tries to get good grades, so it really is better for her to not let me do as much.

Moreover, today I realized how much I am doing with Gemma and only Gemma. Apart from Sean, the twins and Louis I hardly talk to anyone outside our dormmates and I wanted to change that. That's why I decided to just randomly sit to some students in my year. At first it was a bit weird, even though they allowed me to sit with them, but then we realized how much we can talk about.

These girls, I decided to hang around with today, are so nice and they agreed to help me out the next time I am alone in potions. One girl even claims she has a special pass with Snape. No shit. She really does. Because when her friends started to explain all the things Snape let pass... There was no other explanation than that she is the teacher's pet.

Sometimes she even finds it creepy, especially when he randomly compliments her red hair. She has really lovely hair, but that still isn't an invitation of a teacher to just compliment it out of nowhere. I can get why she still doesn't try to push her limits as often.

Then they told me some exciting gossip about the Syltherin boys in their house. You won't believe what I heard about Adrien Pucey. He got elected into the Quiditch Team by promising Graham Montague to go out with HIS SISTER. Can you believe that? How ridiculous. If that are the criteria to get into their quidditch team, then I really wonder how they won the previous years.

Good thing that the Gryffindor Team is giving them hell this year. Last year they had a great shot at them, the twins really proved themselves as awesome beaters and Oliver Wood, their captain, worked hard to get a good team together. But their seeker sucked. No matter how many goals they achieved, it was never enough to beat the other team.

This year is totally different. They have Harry Potter (I don't know how that worked, especially since first years aren't even allowed to play) as their seeker now, a new chaser and George and Fred with newly found motivation to work on their swings.

And they worked on their swings. Meos Dio! The intensity Fred is playing with. George as well of course!

The Ravenclaw Team is also very good this year. They have new tactics and strategy plays and apart from that a new training method. When they practice they not only train the team members that currently play, they also have trainees that train with them. Such as people who want to be seeker in the future, like Cho, can train already with them in their free time if they have time, to become better and get to know the tactics and team dynamic.