Chapter 18

„Dear Diary,

The housepoints are a crucial part in the school system society here in Hogwarts. It's a competition between all four houses and sometimes even divides us more than we want. However, lately we all- apart from Syltherin- agreed that if either of the other houses wins they will be celebrated.

Gryffindor was in the lead and Slytherin didn't have a real chance to get after them. What I realized is that the other houses were very delighted at that sight, everyone expect the Slytherins of course.

You remember how I told you how they behaved when they won last time? Nothing against them as people, I met a few very cool mates throughout my school years and then we have Louis, but they are a pain in the arse when they win. And it would do Louis good to lose for once.

Realized I had the emphasis on was in the lead? Well yeah, because today when we got down to breakfast we had a big surprise waiting for us when we passed the pointglasses.

"I'm way too tired to function today. Why can't we have a veto for bed days, where we can decide whether or not we need a longer sleep break. I find it unfair how we have to stand up every day," I whine.

"Then I don't want to inform you about working," Gemma speaks up, getting a groan from me.

There are a few people gathered around the pointglasses. Gemma and I throw us a questioning look and move closer.

"Did something happen?," I ask the person next to me.

"Yes," the Gryffindor seems grumpy: "We mysteriously lost over 350 house points."

"Que?," I ask in disbelief.

Gemma next to me fidgets nervously on her feet, looking from the boy to the housepoints. The girl stands on tippy toes to see over the crowd in order to get a good look. The boy next to me looks at me confused.

"What?," I correct myself quickly: "How did that even happen? Did the system break?"

I tend to forget that not everyone is like my friends and now able to understand some phrases when I laps.

"No clue. Something happened and if I find out who, they hear a whole lot from me," the boy goes away and the moody clatter from the others around us is enough to realize no one is really happy about that outcome.

"Did the twins do something again?," Gemma pulls on my sleeve as we walk away into the Great Hall.

"Not even them could come up with a prank that would cost them that greatly," I mumble.

The Great Hall is loud and everyone is a bit moody today. The clatter and the sound feds Gemma up and she still takes ahold of my sleeve. I grab her hand sympathetically and stroke it gently, in hope that calms her down a bit. On some days her nerves get the better of her.

I look around the room and find the twins chatting away with some girl in their year.

"Let's go to the twins, they can hopefully tell us what is going on," I say to Gemma: "Don't worry, you'll feel better when we sit beside them."

"Jade, I don't know any on the Gryffindor table," she says hastily.

"You know Lee and the twins. You met Ron before and you know who those girls are," I try to reason with her, but she just shakes her head.

"I know who they are yes, but I don't really know know them. The twins tend to be so loud as well and Lee will try to prank me again. Please Jade, can we not go there."