Chapter 20

„Dear Diary,

What is the one thing Harry Potter and a bathroom have in common?

They both own a toilet seat.

I need to start at the beginning. As you know it was exam week, exhausting, annoying as always and then it was all over and my friends and I decided to hang out by the lake.

It is a sunny and warm day welcoming us to our newly found freedom. The heat is caressing my skin wonderfully and with so much gentleness I can feel myself slowly getting into a bliss of calm state.

Gemma has her head on my lab and is reading a book while Sean is playing some soccer with Louis. It is a wonderful day just to take in life in its fullest. After some time, Sean's friends joined him and Louis got his and now they host a real soccer game.

Since I'm not playing or reading, I get to be the one to point the scores and give people red and yellow cards. I get to scream around and call people dumb, I love that role.

It isn't until the sun starts to slowly disappear that we decide it would be time to head back into the castle. It could have been a normal day, wonderful even. However, then we had to hear that Hermione brought back an unconscious Ron into the hospital wing.

Immediately I looked out for the twins. No matter how often they claim that Ron is a pain for them, it's still their brother and I know for a fact that they care for him more than they like to admit.

"George? Fred? Everything alright?," I stand in front of the portrait hole where Alicia was friendly enough to get the twins out of the common room.

"Why shouldn't it be? He is just unconscious, he'll come around," Fred shrugs.

"I wonder what happened that he is in that state. When we walked into the Hospital Wing to check up on him," George says.

"Percy dragged us," Fred quickly explains.

"Dumbledore rushed past us like a maniac almost."

"Since Harry wasn't with them it probably has something do to with him I'm guessing."

"Hermione mumbled something about a philosopher's stone and Snape."

"Weird bunch all of them together."

"But Ron will be alright?," I ask again.

"Definitely, don't you worry," Fred gives me a small smile.

"They got themselves into an adventure again? How many housepoints will they lose now?," I run a hand through my hair.

"There aren't many left to lose. Maybe the professors have mercy on us," George laughs.

Angelina is poking her head outside and greets me with a warm smile: "George can you come back in? We need your help. Lee claims that his story is true but we know you are the only one to say the truth."

"On my way," George pats me on the shoulder before disappearing.

"Hey," Fred takes my hand in his, I smile a bit at how warm and soft they are: "Thank you for checking on us, but it's just Ron. Tomorrow we will know more and I will inform you first thing. I'll even wait in front of your common room if you like."

I laugh: "You don't even know when I wake up or walk out of the common room. You'd have to wait a long time presumably."

"Would be worth it," Fred shrugs again: "Also, I wanted to ask you something."

"Uhm yeah?"

"Since the Hogsmeade trip, we never really came around to talk about it, but," he messes up his hair a bit:" what is this here between us? Because I get a lot of mixed signals from you."

I shrug: "You could find out next year if you dare to look deeper."

I give him a wink and let go of his hand. He gulps a bit.

"For now I think I can give you a big hint," I pull him into an embrace.

I only planned on a short one, as in a goodbye hug, but Fred's arms immediately wrap around my torso and pull me close. He smells like the lawn fresh after it rained.

When we break apart we give each other shy smiles.

"I think I can work with that hint," Fred says.

"Can't wait for you to figure it out then."

Though at night Harry was rescued from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. The rumors made it's round in Hogwarts. Everything that involved me and Fred was pushed aside and the main focus was Harry. The twins and Lee wanted to cheer him up and brought him a toilet seat as a present.

At first I didn't really get it but after some time I found the present as amusing as the twins.

Tomorrow is already the last day and as much as I am excited to see my family again, I will miss all my friends dearly.

Yours,

Jade."