Chapter 34

„Dear Diary,

You won't believe what happened today.

I can't believe it either yet and still I was the one who was there.

Yesterday happened another attack. Not with a bludger. But it had to do with a boy that sneaked out in the middle on the night to visit Harry in the hospital wing.

Dumb boy. He was a first year and I don't care if he adores Harry Potter so much that he would freeze his ass off every quidditch training. That is no excuse for him to go out in the middle of the night, alone when it's clearly forbidden.

Now that boy is just as paralyzed as Mrs. Norris. When we heard about it this morning my appetite disappeared immediately.

That boy was also a muggleborn and whoever that heir is, that is after them, really doesn't shy away to even hurt someone as young as him.

The whole day felt like I was in a trance. I even visited that boy in the hospital wing, claiming I'm his tutor to Madame Pomfrey.

The way he lied there made me even more sick and I immediately ran to the bathroom to throw up. I am still scared of what could happen and later events haven't helped me.

I hardly touched my food in the evening and not even the fact that Sean was reunited with our group since he found out what Louis did, could cheer me up. My mind was clouded with angst.

Angst about something I don't even know about. I think that is the worst part about it. The fact that we don't know if it is a person that walks around and paralyzes people or if it is some sort of creature way too powerful.

Also why does it come out exactly now? It could have come out any year before me.

Even after dinner, when we all decided to spare some time together, I wasn't really feeling the usual vibes we had.

"Yes, I'm not kidding. That was exactly what he did," Sean says to Louis.

Both are talking vividly and you can see how much they missed each other's company. Gemma and I are giving each other amused glances and listen to their conversation.

"No shit. Professor Kettleburn really set the whole boxes on fire and didn't even realize?," Louis puts an arm around Sean's shoulder.

"I'm not kidding. Also he maybe set himself on fire while being at it," Sean grins.

"I would have heard of that one. Now you are making a fool out of me," Louis points a finger at him daringly.

"I don't need to do that, you manage that pretty well on your own," the boy laughs.

"Oh, I can exactly show you how much of a fool you are going to be. Smell my sweat," Louis tries to bring Sean into a headlock.

They start a fight beside me and I step aside to give them space.

"Guys," Gemma says: "Watch out!"

The boys almost ran over a little girl. Just in time they straighten themselves and flash her their best smiles, making the girl red like a tomato and she runs off.

"She saw your ugly face and decided to run away," Louis points at Sean.

"My ugly face? Have you seen yours lately?," Sean pushes him.