Chapter 16

„Dear Diary,

Today was the Hogsmeade trip.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait with you?," Gemma stops at the door.

"No really it's fine. You go with Sean and Louis. George said that he will pick me up here later. Don't worry about me," I shrug a bit.

"If you need something just look out, we are somewhere around and-"

"Gemma I appreciate your concern, but I will be fine. It's just George, there is no need to stress," I go up to her and place my hands on her shoulders: "And you will be just fine without me. Have fun with the boys."

"Alright. You aren't nervous are you?"

"No," I laugh: "Why should I be? That's like hanging out with a friend."

She eyes me a bit suspiciously but nods and hugs me goodbye before running out to catch up with her brother and friend.

Just like that I am left alone in the entrance hall. I wait. And wait. People pass by, with some I have a quick chat, some ignore me completely. In the end I have enough from standing around and sit down onto the stairs.

After a while I hear someone far away behind me hissing a "You go now!". I turn around confused and see a twin stumbling around the corner as if he was being pushed. I wave at George. He straightens himself and waves back, running down the stairs.

I stand up and smile at him when he reaches me: "Hey ready to go?"

"Yes. I was born ready for this," he grins down at me.

"Maybe we have luck and get an empty carriage," I start to go towards the doors.

George is looking back a few times.

"Is everything alright? Are you looking for someone?," I look back as well.

"No. Just my fool of a brother. I'm scared he might try to prank anything here. You never know."

"Fred doesn't shy away from pranks in any way I guess?"

"No. He doesn't."

"So do you think he could be the mysterious pranker? Like he doesn't tell you about it and goes solo to mess with people even more?"

George musters me curiously. I try not to look suspicious. I don't want to give anything away.

"No. Fred wouldn't do that. I think G- What makes you think I'm not the secret pranker?"

I laugh: "Sorry, but you aren't as reckless. You are way too loyal to go solo."

"I'm loyal too!"

I furrow my brows and we both break into fits of laughter.

"Could it be that you are nervous today?"

"Me nervous? Never," he laughs, but runs his hands trhough his hair anyways: "But yes I am usually very loyal. But Fred's too. We both just work because we can trust each other. That's why I don't believe any of us would go solo."

"I like how that sounds," I nudge him and push some hair out of my face.

George opens the carriage door for him and lets it fall shut behind him. A bit puzzled I get it open again and get it after him to settle down. 

"Where do you wanna go once we are in the village?," George asks looking outside the window.

"I never was in Zonko's," I shrug.