Chapter 31

„Dear Diary,

It was a long week.

I'm tired of bullshit.

Especially when it comes to my friends.

Like, I love them all to pieces and I would want the best for all of them, and I'm there for them when they need me, but can they just cut the bullshit they are doing?

What makes it so annoying is the fact that I have the most to do with them and every time they have a mood change (again may I add) is it another round of dealing with the same stuff and every damn time it is me standing between the fronts.

Louis keeps asking me what is wrong with his "best bro" (aka Sean) instead of just asking him himself. Sean keeps complaining about Louis or grumbles about how annoying Carolina is to me when we hang out together.

"Did you ever realize how great the light is coming from over there when it's around that time?," I ask Sean, pointing into the direction of the mountains where the sun is going down.

I love to sit next to some windows. Since Hogwarts has a lot, you can usually manage to get one in a quiet corner and just enjoy the view. My favourite one is at the west side of the castle, where you have a great outlook onto the mountains and fields surrounding it. I especially enjoy to draw here.

"I don't get it," Sean sighs and leans his head back against the wall, placing one arm against his propped up leg.

"What the light? Well muggle also call this time the golden hour, because of the light play and it usually gives everything it touches a special aura and-"

"Why is he even considering her already? They don't even know each other?"

"Oh," I roll my eyes and focus onto my sheets in front of me, continuing to draw.

"That's too fast."

"Sean," I say annoyed, he finally stops talking: "If it bothers you so much that Louis took Caroline out, then why did you decline her offer in first place?"

"Because I didn't think that Louis would give himself for sale."

"He didn't give himself for sale," I sigh.

"Oh right, because what both of them are doing everywhere isn't like whoring around," he groans: "Why can't he just handle that situation like Fred and you?"

"W-What?," I look up at him surprised.

"Oh come on. Everyone could see how you undressed each other with your stares last year. But the important thing is you decided against those irrational thoughts and settled for the better."

"The better?," I put my sheets down onto my lap and play with the pen with my fingers.

"You've got something going on with Kenneth Towler now right?"

"No. Well yes but not in the Louis and Caroline way. How do you believe that is for the better?"

"Because you didn't settle for the first thing coming your way. It gives you time to think."

"How do you know that Caroline is the first thing that came across Louis?," I raise an eyebrow.

"We talk about a lot, it's like a guy thing. He never mentioned a girl he was romantically involved with."

"And why are you even so obsessed with that?"

"Because I care for him. It doesn't do him good to get his heart crushed by some random girl he doesn't even know," Sean looks out of the window, not daring to look at me.

"It's sweet that you care, but it's not your decision to care about something like this. I'm sure Louis will be the one ending up crushing her heart, even if it isn't his intention to do so. You need to let him do his thing," I pull the papers up again.

"You say that so easily. Could you so easily ignore if you have the feeling that a friend is doing himself nothing good?"

Drawing carefully I focus on the outlines rather than his question. If he really would care that much, he would also care as to why Fred and I are so cold with each other. If he really cares he wouldn't push Louis more away.

"Jade," I look surprised up when I see Kenneth next to me: "Didn't know you can draw so well?"

He eyes my papers, his friends stop as well nodding to me and Sean.

"There's a lot you don't know yet," I answer.

"Sean, she managed to capture you even better," he points at his friend.

"Now what Kenneth, you'd wish to look a bit like that," Sean jokes.

"Well actually not that much. Since this wonderful girl here seems to like this face here more," he grins while pointing at me.

"So I'm assuming you are not here for me then, you dipshit?," Sean looks amused between Kenneth and me.

"Unless you want to give me a kiss we can talk about it," Kenneth laughs.

I look at the boy slightly surprised even more so, when he actually kisses me.

"See you later love," he gives me a slight peck again before going back to his friends.

"When was the last time you were so happy to see me again," Sean sighs dramatically.

The others just laugh and walk off. I can't comprehend what just happened.

"Not like Louis and Caroline hu?," Sean smirks.

I give him my middle finger.

I, in fact, didn't see Kenneth later. Still don't know what he actually wanted.

Gemma assumes he just tried to prove something to his friends. Since she pointed that out I can't stop thinking about it. Was that really all it was about?

Love,

Jade."