Chapter 32

The diary falls with a thud to the floor. Jean's hand is dangling from the side of her bed. Midway reading the woman fell asleep and finally got the rest she asked for.

Her sleep is full of dreams of her childhood and her time at Hogwarts. It is as if sleep did put her into a time machine to let her relive some of her best moments.

... "Dad? Dad? DAD?," Jean screams as she runs down the stairs: "DAD? DAD?"

Finally, she found Fred who stands in the backroom currently dealing with a project with his brother George. Both of them are looking focused on the rocket in front of them.

"Dad?," Jean closes the door behind her.

George walks around the table and starts pocking Jean into the waist:" Jean? Jean? Jean?," he flicks his wand quickly: "Jean? Jean? Jean?"

"DAAAD," Jean whines and points at her uncle: "Do something."

"Jean," Fred starts as well: "Jean? Jean?," he puts his tools aside and squats down to be at the same height as Jean: "Jean? Jean?"

"Stop that," the girl pouts and her curls fall into her face when she stomps with her foot.

Fred laughs and pulls his little girl close, giving her a kiss at the top of her head.

"So what can I do for my little princess?," he stands up again.

"I want you to look at my new clothes that Mum bought me today," Jean dances around excitedly.

"New clothes?," Fred continues to work on the rocket.

"Uh-hu. Mommy said I need new ones for the wedding," Jean giggles.

"Oh the wedding," Fred looks amused at his brother.

"Oh a fashion show Fred. Am I allowed to stay?," George asks.

"Of course uncle," Jean smiles: "The only one you aren't allowed to see yet is aunt Angelina."

"Yes Uncle, the only one you aren't allowed to see is Angelina," Fred teases.

"Jean, don't you have some clothes to show?," George looks at Fred with a big smirk.

"On my way!," Jean runs out of the room to put on his first clothes.

"The last show lasted over an hour," Fred sighs.

George just laughs: "Thank Merlin I have a boy"

...

Jean jolts awake when she hears her alarm. Confused she looks around the room, the light is still on and the whole blanket pillow she let herself fall into yesterday night, is still as comfortable as before making it hard for Jean to get out of bed.

Her eyes are a bit puffy and her hair is messy. She needs to deal with that, otherwise she will look like a mess at work today.

She grabs the diary from the floor and places it beside the kitchen table, making herself some tea.

After a long day at work she comes home and immediately flops down onto her couch. All of a sudden the loneliness of the day creeps up to her and Jean finds herself longing for some comfort. She doesn't want to bother her cousins again, so she accios the diary of her mother over and looks for the page she fell asleep on yesterday.

"Dear Diary,

Something I learned from today is that no matter how small your actions were, they can always lead up to bigger things.

Like a smile at a person you walk by or a simple compliment to someone. Those are little things but can influence a person a lot.

This reminds me of a quote I somewhere read or heard:

"If you walk into a forest and cut the tree, you will in your life forget about what you did to it or how the blows felt like, but the tree will always remember what has happened to it."

Now we can take that statement for good and bad things. Therefore our actions do have consequences throughout our life and small things matter just as much as huge.

Like today I saw Ginny sitting alone in the library and Gemma (who is way more often in the library than I am anyways) pointed out to me that she is sitting often alone in there, usually writing or being seen reading.

So Gemma decided, with newly found bravery since I was with her, that we should approach Ginny and sit with her and maybe help her with some school work if needed. (Her books and parchments were open around her, but all her attention was put into a black journal)

Ginny at first was a bit confused as to why we sat next to her and immediately shut her book and put it away. After a while she relaxed and talked with us more and more openly. We realized pretty soon that she didn't need any help with her schoolwork, that she was just procrastinating on things (like usually I do)

However, her mood seemed to be a bit lifted at the end of our shared study and homework time. She is such a nice girl and what I witnessed is, that she really has a lot in common with the twins. The same mischievous smile, the glint in her eyes and she is just as quick on comebacks.

One thing that threw me of a bit was how she talked about her brothers. How much she cared for every single one of them and it was that moment were I realized how hard it must be for her as the only girl. Her mother always wanted a girl (that is something I learned from Fred a while ago when we talked about his family) and she is also the youngest one.

People have expectations when you are the younger one. I can speak of experience. I only have one older (and dumber if you ask me) brother and people immediately compare us. I don't want to know how much pressure she has to feel with all these different personalities before her. Not to mention how great of an example each one of them sets.

Damn. I really feel for her. If I would be in her position I would loathe them a bit.

Or maybe my anger on a certain red head plays into it.

Besides her mother, she can't really go to any of her brothers for girl questions. And let's be honest, you don't want to go to your mother with every question that you have.

I really hope she made some friends here in Hogwarts with whom she can talk about such stuff. She needs a Gemma. :)

I should ask her next time I meet her if she has somebody she can confide in. That's important.

At dinner I watched the Gryffindor table extra closely, to see how her brothers interact with her.

I really hate to say it, but the twins as well as Percy seem to look out a lot for her. Percy a bit too much in my opinion. It looked like he was lecturing her throughout their conversation every time they started to talk. George and Fred however, tried to rescue her from their older brother and made not only her but the others in her class laugh with their little plays they made.

It made me so unbelievably angry at that moment. It made me angry at how much I missed them around. It made me so angry at how lovable he is.

The fact that my not thought through action with Kenneth brought such a big distance between us makes me angry and yet at the same time Fred Weasley is a huge dick that is too full of himself.

The way he does as if he was above me and better in dealing with this situation- argh. I need to stop thinking about him already, I will only end up being angry and hurt. + I will throw you through the room again and will hit Jenna, who isn't too pleased to be woken up that way.

I should go to bed too, see you tomorrow!

Love,

Jade."