Chapter 24

„Dear Diary,

„You did what exactly?," I exclaim staring at Sean bewildered.

"Calm down it's just a joke. You laugh about such things all the time when George and Fred are doing them!," he defends angrily.

"Well they usually aren't using other peoples' animals to scare a friend?," I poke him into his chest: "What the hell is wrong with you lately. Don't you dare to wave that off. You have no right to act the way you do currently. Is it something with Louis? You can talk to us about it."

"Why does it have to do with Louis," he asks annoyed brushing my finger away.

"I don't know, because you let a Tarantula lose in his dorm. Lee won't be pleased if he finds out about it."

"Lee will find it a genius prank!"

"Even when his spider is dead? You let it lose in the Slytherin dorm. They will do anything to safe themselves and you should know that."

Sean doesn't say anything back, but he doesn't make a move either. I really can't tell what bothers him so much that it leads him to behave like a huge asshole.

"Get that tarantula back before it ends up in fatal danger. Lee really loves it."

"Sweetheart," I feel an arm around my shoulder: "I heard my name and the word love. You too? You do love me as well?"

"Of course Lee," I press a kiss against his cheek: "You are the lovable side kick after all."

Lee pulls me close for a bit in a friendly manner and laughs about my statement.

"Thanks Sean again for helping me yesterday to search for my Tarantula. Even though we couldn't find it, I really appreciate your help. If you are up for searching today as well, just let me know. No pressure though at all."

I give Sean a pointed look, though he doesn't do anything. Instead a first year approaches him with a question and the boy gladly takes the distraction and goes with the boy. Fucking coward.

„Jade," I hear Fred's voice behind us.

Lee quickly gets away from me and we both turn around: "Oh hey, what can I do for you?"

"I'll better leave," Lee announces: "Sweetheart thanks for loving me."

I laugh and wave him goodbye, raising an eyebrow at Fred.

"Do you have a minute for me?"

"Yes, but just one," I grab my books and put them into my rucksack.

"Kenneth yesterday said in our dorm that he managed to get a date with you for this Hogsmeade trip, so I wanted to ask you whether or not this is true or-"

"Oh it's true," I shrug.

"Wh-what?," he splutters out.

"He was really sweet yesterday when he asked me."

"I thought we two were already going?"

"You didn't make any move, nor any gesture that it was still going on. Kenneth had the guts to really ask me out."

Fred looks a bit lost and his it grows a bit distanced: "So is the signal I'm getting you and Kenneth then?"

"I don't know. I guess I find out about it this weekend," I look up at him.

"You've got to be kidding me right?"

"No I'm not. He seems like a nice guy."

"You don't need a nice guy," he mumbles.

"Oh I don't? How would you know what I need Fred?"

At one point this conversation grew tensed. Nothing how I imagined this conversation would go. I believed I would tease him about it, he would finally make a real move.

"I just know you don't need him. Promise me something," he looks to the side, focusing his gaze on something.

"And what would that be?"

"Don't play with him because you want to punish someone else. That's just brutal."

"I think the minute is over," I leave him there.

Since he said those words I cannot not think about them. I didn't think about my actions in that kind of way. I'm used to flirt innocently around and I just naturally love to tease. Mostly everyone around me goes with the vibe.

The possibility of someone really having feelings for me never occurred to me.

The more I think about Kenneth now and the fact that we eventually could come together amuses and scares the living shit out of me at the same time.

I never had anyone else in mind for that spot than Fred. My only intention in agreeing to Kenneth was for Fred to get jealous and him making a move, really asking me out and not to see myself as something that already is a dotted down thing.

Oh mierde. What if Fred didn't just talk about Kenneth? He could care less about that boy and if he burns is fingers. What if he also talked about himself? After all I go out with another guy much to his displeasure.

But come on, we aren't anything official.

He's too dramatic.

Right?

Yours,

Jade."