Chapter 19

Jean let out a laugh at the last prank her mother pulled. She had the audacity to pull it on Snape himself and got the twins into detention. It was genius of her to replace his potion bottles with bottles that make a strange sound whenever you open or use them.

The whole classroom was full with wheezing, howling, moaning, quaking and peeping noises. It drove Snape insane.

"Dear Diary,

Today George and Fred had to be present for their detention of Snape. When I heard that they had to clean every potion vial by hand with only water and a small cloth, I was even more proud of my prank than before. It pissed Snape so much off he gave them an even shittier task than Filch would have done.

Do I feel bad for them getting punished for something I did?

No. No not at all.

They already have so much detention on their plate one more doesn't hurt them. Also, not my problem that they always get themselves caught.

Work smart not hard. Louis told me that. What a Slytherish way to see things.

"Can you stop doing that please?," Gemma looks at Louis a bit disgusted.

Rather than eating his chicken wing he decided to break it apart in small pieces to get the bones out.

"What? Don't do as if you have never seen meat before," he rolls his eyes continuing his mission to destroy the chicken wing completely.

"It's already dead Louis," Sean speaks up, looking a bit confused.

"I know."

"En serio, ¿qué haces?," I take a bite from my porridge.

"I am trying to just get the beef and so I can simply push it into my mouth without having to eat around some bones. Looks messy, is effective. Because it isn't as hot anymore when I am finished and I can eat in peace," Louis nods knowingly at me.

"That... doesn't make sense really," Sean says: "It's just way more work?"

"But I don't get messy around my mouth and make a fool out of myself."

Sean cups his chicken wing in his hands and bites from it, smearing sauce over his cheeks: "Like that would be the reason you make a fool out of yourself," he mumbles.

Gemma sighs: "And for that I left the calmness of the library. I still need to finish my study sheets for arithmancy!"

"Gemma, it doesn't do you good to always sit in front of your books. After a good break it will be easier and way faster to maintain. Your brain needs energy breaks and food. So eat and stop complaining like a toddler, imposible," I shove some additional food onto her plate and refill her water cup.

"I'm not a fucking child," she grumbles annoyed.

"Language," Louis gasps: "Gemma tztz."

Gemma gives him an angry look: "Don't you have a chicken to kill?"

I chuckle and quickly stuff my face with some more porridge.

"Also Sean please," Louis takes a cloth and leans over the table to wipe of Sean's cheek: "You absolutely look like a fool."

Sean's eyes grow wider at the gesture Louis just made. We sit together on the Slytherin table, taking a well-deserved break from studying for the exams that are next week.

"I wouldn't say he looks like a fool right now, more like a startled boy," I grin and nudge him slightly: "Everything alright with you?"

"All okay," he puts his chicken wing down and destroys it the same as Louis now.

Boys...

"Also I need your help Jade," Louis points at me.

"Mine? And whys that?"

"Because Gemma will kill me if I force her to another study break and Sean over there has a study date with the wonderful Emma which leaves only you open," he smiles at me charmingly.

"Okay and about what exactly?"

"With Quidditch. There might be a spot open on the Slytherin Team Montague considers replacing one player. Risky before the final match, but if it's worth it."

"You sure you want me to help you train? Because I can't really throw good and you should know that."

"Yes that's why it's so smart to take you in first place. You help me with coordination moves without needing to figure out a strategic line for you throws. All comes naturally," he dodges some porridge I throw at him: "What? Work smart not hard."

"There are the twins, back from their detention," Gemma nods towards the entrance where the two of them walk over to the Gryffindor table and flop down onto the benches exhausted.

"Do you reckon it really was them?," Sean asks a slight blush on the cheeks.

"I don't think that was them today. They looked puzzled and almost annoyed at the prank. If it was one of theirs they would have high fived or laughed with the others. No, the secret pranker is someone else that gives them competition," Louis finally takes a bite of his meat.

Gemma looks at me knowingly. She doesn't approve of me letting the twins getting the blame for my pranks. I should at least have stepped in to get them out of the detention. I try to ignore her stare and be as non-interested as possible.

"But what if they just acted very good? It's the twins. There alibi wasn't really that convincing," Sean points out.

"Not even them are that good at acting. Those were real emotions. Also the one prank that was set up in the Greenhouse?," Louis focuses on Sean.

"Yeah what's with that one?"

I take a deep breath and try not to give anything away. Louis is smart enough to connect the dots if I give him just enough to see.

"George Weasley would never harm those plants, he cares too much about them. Also they haven't left Hogwarts that weekend."

"But Lou, what about Fred? As far as I know he wouldn't care about some plants. He could have done it alone?," Sean hints.

"And him breaking his brother's trust? I don't think so. It has to be someone else. Someone with a good structure. Probably even someone that is in the spotlight and therefore no one suspects him," he shoves another piece into his mouth and chews it carefully.

"What makes you so sure it's a boy?," Gemma asks.

No Gemma, please don't.

"Please Gemma, girls are way too anxious to pull such pranks. Their voice of reason is in their way," Louis laughs.

"Then who do you reckon is it?"

"What if it is Golden Boy Diggory? He looks way too nice to be true and who is he trying to fool with those wonderful eyes of his. Those eyes hide something and I will find out what it is," Louis nods to himself once again.

Golden Boy Diggory? Is he, Louis, being real about that? Oh come on.

Now Louis slowly turns into a private detective when we wander the halls. It is really annoying but ironic. The moment he finds out it's me, he will surely hate me. I can't wait.

Wish me luck with the exams, I have the feeling I'll need it.

Love,

Jade."