Chapter 33

„Dear Diary,

Today's lesson for me was that staying loyal to your friends is very important.

Especially for Louis.

Today was the big quidditch match. Slytherin vs. Gryffindor and everyone was looking forward to it. Especially since the new seeker of the Slytherin team would be playing for the first time.

Louis told us how little of a help that Mafloy boy actually is, but that the new gear they are getting from his father is very helpful at least. He even let us try his broom before.

Well all except Sean. Sean didn't show up when Louis asked for our help. Or maybe he did show up, saw Caroline from afar and turned around again. Whatever.

All I do know is that he should quit being childish with Louis. He got himself a girlfriend and if he ends up broken hearted that's his thing and we are there to help him then, but letting him feel guilty about having one now, won't help him at all.

"Did he say if he was coming?," Louis looks at me jumping from one foot to the other in a nervous manner.

"Sorry, he didn't say a word if he would show up here today," I answer, giving him a sympathetically smile: "Don't worry too much. You will crush this game today."

"I hope so," he doesn't look convinced at all.

"Lou, you trained hard all over the summer to get better, you saved your money up for new gear before and now since Mister Malfoy bought you everything you needed, wait- you have a lot of money, that's something eh," I nudge him trying to cheer him up.

He laughs rubbing his ribs a bit.

"And apart from that you are well trained, focused and determined. If someone will crush it out there then you and Oliver Wood," I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Wood? Really? That's your way of uplifting my spirits?," he laughs.

"Just keeping it real. No one trains harder than Wood. I don't make the rules," I grin.

"And where exactly would you know that from? The last time I checked you and the Gryffindors didn't really hang around each other a lot," he mocks me with a smirk.

"Well maybe not those Gryffindors, but as the coincidence wants it I hang around one Gryffindor who tells me everything that goes down in that common room, including Wood that stays up till midnight over his quidditch plans," I shrug.

"That's not really calming me. Thanks," the smirk is wiped of Louis face: "Kenneth is a friend of Sean right?"

"Yeah he is," I say: "Why?"

"I just wondered if Sean distanced himself from Kenneth as well?"

"Again sorry. Doesn't seem like it. He's the same with all of his other friends, at least that what Kenneth told me."

Louis leans his head against the wall and sighs: "What have we done to him that he suddenly dumps us?"

I lean my back against the wall as well, starring at the field in front of me. I don't have the heart to tell him that actually he only dumped him and not Gemma or me.

"Lou, listen. Sean isn't really fond of Caroline," I start.

The boy musters me from the corner of his eyes: "What?"

"He told me some time ago, that he isn't all too pleased with Caroline. I don't know why he acts the way he does when she never did anything wrong in the time I know her, but Sean will come around it eventually. He'll get to his senses soon enough hopefully."