Chapter 28

Jean is surprised. Did her mother really use Kenneth as palate cleanser. Did that poor boy even know that Jade never had feelings for him in first place? What Jean got to know about that boy out of her mother's writing is that he seems very nice and like a genuine guy that has the best interests at heart.

To read that her mother just used him is indeed brutal. Maybe Jean thought about it all wrong? Maybe her mother never talked about Kenneth not because of her father, but because she was ashamed of herself later on in what she did?

"Dear Diary,

The Chamber of Secrets is still a huge mystery in the castle. In the morning that was the topic everyone kept talking about. Gemma and I asked older students in our house if they knew something about it, but we couldn't get real defined answers. Only one of them could tell us, that apparently there is a story about a hidden chamber built into the castle by non-other than Salazar Slytherin.

I do remember reading about how the four founders created the castle and their equal goal to create a safe space for wizards and witches. However, I have no memory that there was talked about hidden places by each founder.

Jonah (the older Ravenclaw who could give us answers) told us that the other founders and Slytherin had a huge argument about which wizards were allowed to study in Hogwarts. Meanwhile the others wanted everyone with magical blood to be able to study at Hogwarts, Slytherin wanted mainly pure-bloods. That lead to a falling out and Salazar himself leaving.

Jonah guesses that Salazar left something behind in that chamber that should deal with Muggleborns.

I started to feel so unwell after all I heard from him and the other older ones. I didn't even want to move away when it was time to get ready for classes. The whole day I felt a tinge of sickness at the pure thought that someone had something against me to the extent of wanting to kill me, just because I was a Muggleborn.

Professors in every class pushed the questions of students aside with claiming that this is nothing to fear over. That it mainly be a stupid prank.

If that was a prank than it is the most stupid thing someone ever could have come up with. Even if that meant that we finally got rid of Mrs. Norris.

Dinah told us how stupidly some Slytherins are talking in the common room. "No wonder the other houses loathe us," was her statement to that.

Louis on the other hand just shrugged every comment off, claiming that no matter what you are doing everyone will have something against it. He finds it more suspicious that Harry and his friends per sheer accident weren't at the Halloween feast but at the place where it happened.

Then he got this grand stupid idea that they are the secret pranker, until Gemma pointed out that the secret pranks started before those three were at Hogwarts and Louis dismissed that thought pretty quickly.

Jackson gave us something else to think about. He talked about a girl that died inside the castle walls one night. She was a Muggleborn as well.

That didn't help with my feelings at all. Sean shut him up immediately after seeing me pushing my pudding away. He reassured me that nothing will happen to me.

The only good thing that came out of this whole mess was that I had a real reason to avoid Kenneth and that he himself was occupied with talking about the Chamber of Secrets.

I'm still not sure on what I should say to him. Would it be mean from me to keep seeing him? But knowing him he wants to tell everybody about it (even if it is per cheer accident) and I really don't want anybody to know that he and I are- no. He is sweet and all, but idk.

I guess I should say to him that I want to take it slow. That would be fair enough. That's also the thing I told myself about Fred and-

Yeah because talking it slow brought us that far. Because now I know how this would have turned out, with stupid arguments and mean comments.

So maybe if I wait enough with Kenneth he will hate me the same and I don't have to deal with that bullshit.

I do sound a lot like a child now, do I?

I should give Kenneth a chance, maybe he isn't the one I asked for but the one I need?

Love,

Jade."