Chapter 2

"We have to go away Aira! " Kevin said cupping her cheeks. Worry in his eyes, he was on the verge on breaking down. They didn't know what a mate hunt is or what happens. But, for all they care, the werewolves could kill them. They were scared for each other.

"What about Hriday?" she said glancing towards her little brother who was sleeping.

"We'll take him. I don't feel right. Something in me says it. We should go away. I don't want to let go of you, Aira. I can't imagine.. My life without you"

"Kevin. It's okay. You know that if the beasts found out about us planning to escape. They'll kill us. I am not scared to die. But, I am scared of you losing the person you love and I am scared for Hriday to lose his only fam--"

"Don't say such things. Nothing will happen. I am going to protect you" he said hugging her. She giggled.

"You are only 17, if any of the beasts kicks you. You'll fall 1 km away from me" she said laughing and playfully slapping his shoulder.

"Is it? Then, let's see if you can protect yourself..... Tickle monster " he said with a playful smile. Her eyes widen and she pushed him. But, he caught her and started tickling her. She was giggling trying to keep his hands away.

"Di.. Should I tickle you too? " Hriday said laughing. Aira shook her head but, Kevin winked at him and they both started to tickle her. They all ended up laughing, laying on the ground.

"Good night Di"

"Good night, baby" she kissed his cheeks and he went in the room. She and Kevin now were alone in her hall. Kevin put his hands on hers. She looked at him and smiled.

"I love you" He said.

"I love you too" she said placing her lips on his. He cupped her cheeks and gently pulled her even more closer. Devouring her soft lips. There lips moved in a slow pace, love and passion filled in it. Tingles all over their bodies. Her core now getting wet. His man part hard with there love filled kiss. They pulled away. Her cheeks flushed red. So, did his.

"You are blushing" he whispered.

"So what? Even you are" she teased him and they both smiled looking at each others eyes.

"You won't go away right? " he said holding her hands and looking in her eyes.

"Even if I do, I will always love you. This heart belongs to you"

"I'll protect this heart on any cost" he said placing his forehead on hers.

"Kevin, do you promise me something? "

"What Aira? " he asked opening his eyes.

"Always protect yourself. For, I care about you much more than I care about me"

"Aira, I'll protect us both."

---

*Bang*

Aira hastily untangled herself from arms of Kevin. It had been just a hour they both fell asleep in each others arms.

She pushed him harshly and covered her scent with a deo as fast she could. She quickly opened the door and there stood Alpha Vincenzo with his beta and delta. She immediately bowed to them twice and kneeled on the ground.

"Get up, human " Alpha Vicenzo's voice was cold and stern like all other wolves. There voice were gentle only towards their mates.

"I can smell human male on you. Who's it? " he asked with authority.

"My Brother" she said without stuttering. In a year she knew that wolves could listen to the drop of heart beat and hence could sense a lie.

"It better be your brother. Don't you dare betray your mate. Here, your cloak. You are Number 99. Tomorrow Delta Ardhansh will be taking you to the mate hunt. Be ready and don't refuse your mate. You know better than that. They are the most sacred gift you uncultured humans can get. So thank moon goddess for it and submit. " He said with his monotonous and cold tone.

She nodded her head immediately even though all those sentences he muttered were completely non sense for her. But, she knew not to mess with the beasts.

--

It was morning already. 100 human females were ready for Day 1 of Mate hunt. They all were dressed in white cloaks with no make up on. Apparently the monsters preferred there prey with no layers on.

But, for Damon it was one of the most exciting day. He had already arrived at Earth on sunrise. Lucifer was clawing in Damon's head.

"I feel mate here"  he had said the moment Damon was on Earth. This was followed my numerous of

"Get her! I want mate"

"Mate here! Go to mate! "

"I want mate! "

Damon was having a head ache due to the constant nagging of Lucifer to meet their mate and claim her. He had to let his wolf out. He ran to the Corbett National Park. Which was now just a open space with no fence.

This place was chosen so that Lucifer could easily find their mate. Also, because wolves natural habitat is Forest. So, it's a disadvantage for humans to run.

"Where are the human females? " Damon mind linked to Vicenzo.

"They'll be there in 10 minutes, King" Vicenzo answered.

Damon smiled as he grew excited to meet his mate. Lucifer had been howling in joy ever since they were in the National Park.

Soon, Alpha Vicenzo was there with his mate. They both bowed to Damon. But, Damon cared less about the respect they showed. He was feeling Lucifer sniffing. There was this heavenly fragrance of jasmine and wet soil. Lucifer growled in approval.

"Mate! Mate here! Find her"

"Let's start the mate hunt." Damon declared and shifted.

Now, Lucifer was running around. He saw the first female. But, it wasn't her scent. He snarled angrily. They all were tied to Trees by chains and handcuffs.

He passed numerous females but he still didn't find his mate. He was getting angrier each passing second. He had waited so much. Yet he had to find her. Though he loved the chase. The fact that he could sniff his mate's scent but didn't find his mate yet made him restless. He wanted to find her as soon as possible.

Lucifer passed Female no. 98 and she wasn't his mate. He shook his snout in annoyance. Then, he went over to female no. 99. There he saw the most beautiful human female he had ever seen.

"Mate" he yelled. Lucifer shifted to his human form. The moment he shifted. He went and yanked the chains away. Hugging her tightly. Not even caring the fact that he was naked. He was in ecstasy. The sparks and bond gave him pleasure. He felt her trying to get away from him. He growled angrily. Sinking his canines in the crook of her neck. She screamed loudly.

----

-Neets