Chapter 22

Hello, how are you?

--

"Aira, my child"

There was this abyss of darkness surrounded her. The dark and unknown surroundings scared her a little as she thought she was dieing or something

It wasn't like she's afraid to die or something. But, as a teen with lurking death threats every second in the form of beasts. She always wondered what was afterlife? Was it the same as the earth or was it peace like the great saints described.

She looked around her, surrounded by darkness but bewildered because it was a darkness which is caused by sharp light. The darkness in front of eyes when you look up at sun for a long interval or the one you notice when lot of cameras are flashing and taking pictures.

She hesitantly stepped towards her front and after five hesitant step she could see a sharp light. It hurt her eyes. She rubbed her eyes as she walked towards that light.

After nearing the light. She could see someone's outline.

"Aira, my child"

"W-who are you? "

"It's me. Serene the moon goddess."

"Y-you? "

Unknowningly tears of frustration and anger formed in her eyes. This woman was the reason of her misery. She did wrong.

"You wronged me. My kind didn't deserve this. You gave all the powers to those beasts. Your children now flourish as ours are on the verge of extinction " she didn't want this to come out as a whiny complaint. But, it did. She looked like child crying and complaining her mother.

"No my child. You are wrong. The feral side is my second child. But before that comes the human side"

"What do you mean? "

"You are my first child. The wiser side are my first born. Then feral side was made to protect. "

"But they didn't-" her eyes weren't showing sadness but anger this time.
"they--the beasts are the reason of my misery--our misery. It's all gone. You wronged. Azazel's mother and now me too. Why did you do this--? "

"It's destiny. My child and you are the one who can change this all. "

"what do you mean? I don't have any power, strength, support or anything left in me. You think I can defeat them. You wronged us. Not me and my kind but the she-wolves too. This is wrong. Mates. Forever is all fake. Love isn't supposed to be like this. It's supposed to make you feel good. Not...chained or unsafe. "

"I created mates so that they could keep the feral side sane. I gave them a chance. But, they dissapointed me. But, how can I let any of my children suffer."

"I don't believe you. Shy are you even telling me this? What do I have to do with all this? "

"You have everything to do with this my child. You can save your kind.

Every werewolf or beasts as you call them have a power but they have a curse too. I can tell you about the power and curse of Damon and Azazel"

"What's the catch? "

She laughed slightly. Before saying.

"You have to sacrifice something "

"what? "

"Your memories of love"

Aira's breath hitched. K-kevin. She was asking for the memories she had with Kevin. The only good thing happened in her life. S-she was asking for that one person's memories.