Chapter 10 The Calvary has Arrived

As Midnight explained the rules of the calvary battle, Atreyu was bouncing from foot to foot with excitement. Shinsou, who was standing next to her, would look at her slightly annoyed but also slightly amused.

He felt tired just looking at her bounce around. 'but it's still pretty cute... He thought.

"And the first place constant, Izuku Midoriya, is worth....TEN MILLION POINTS!!"

Everyone turned to poor Midoriya like wolves staring down a fat, wounded rabbit. He was going to be targeted left and right. It was going to be the most challenging 15 minutes for him and Atreyu....

Was jealous.

She loved challenges and she was excited to see how Midoriya would fair against everyone. Midoriya on the other hand looked terrified.

'I should join his team but....I was going to partner up with Shinsou. There's no way Shinsou would partner up with someone with a 10,000,000 target on their backs... What should i--'

"Go ahead and team up with Midoriya" Shinsou sighed.

Atreyu looked back at Shinsou with a curious look, " How did you know what I was thinking?..*gasp* Can you read minds too?! How long have you been hiding this from me!? Quick!! what number am I thinking of between 1 and 45,000?!" She asked with increasing excitement.

"Tsk. Christ Atreyu you are really hyper today. But regardless, I want to take a stealthy approach and I can't do that with you bouncing everywhere. I'm sure Midoriya would appreciate any teammate at this point." Shinsou gestured towards Midoriya and Atreyu watched as people he reached out to would turn away. Except for one bubbly girl.

Atreyu smiled back at Shinsou, "Sounds like a plan but you better make it through our else!" And with that she skipped over towards Midoriya who was currently talking to Iida.

As she approached she saw Iida walk away from them to join Todoroki's group. Midoriya was lost in thought until Atreyu wrapped her arms around his and the bubbly girls necks.

"Need a partner? Is be happy to join you if you have the room for me." She said with a mischievous smile. The two tensed up under her touch.

"A-Atreyu?!" Midoriya started.

"Oh! I remember you! It's Atreyu right? I'm Uraraka!" The girl smiled.

"Hello Uraraka! It's nice to finally meet you. Sooo... Can I join you?" Atreyu teased.

"Yes! Please! We've been struggling to find someone. I'm surprised you want to join us but we'll take all the help we can get!" Midoriya said with tears in his eyes.

"Now we just need one more person...." Midoriya muttered while looking for the final member. Then he finally set his sights on Tokoyami and he agreed to join.

As Tokoyami talked with Midoriya, Dark Shadow suddenly appeared and wrapped himself around Atreyu like a cat to cat nip. Embarrassed Tokoyami shouted, "Dark Shadow stop that at once!"

But Dark Shadow ignored him and nuzzled his head under Atreyu's chin. Atreyu giggled and scratched Dark Shadows head showing affection, "You're so cute!!" She squealed. Tokoyami didn't know what to do. Dark Shadow never acted this way to a stranger before.

"Dark Shadow!" He yelled. "Stop this at once!"

Finally Dark Shadow listened and withdrew back into Tokoyami. Tokoyami let out a sigh of relief and when he collected himself he looked up at Atreyu and then bowed ," I deeply apologize for his behavior."

Atreyu laughed and waved her hands dismissively, "No need! I don't mind the free cuddles! He can do that any time!"

Dark Shadow started to come out but Tokoyami glared at him to not do so.