Chapter 18 Opportunities and Love Letters

After a couple days off, the students returned to class. Atreyu was waking to the entrance deep in thought.

'Tenya hasn't messaged me at all since the hospital....I hope he's holding up okay.' She thought as she reached her locker.

She looked over and saw Tenya walking towards his class. She decided to just give him some space and trusted that he would reach out if he truely needed her. Atreyu went back to open her locker but it exploded open with letters pouring out. The letters fell at her feet and the other students looked at Atreyu. Atreyu blushed from embarrassment and bent down to gather the letters.

"Geez you should really invest in a mail box." Said a sarcastic voice.

Atreyu looked up and and saw Shinsou leaning against the lockers with his normal smirk. Atreyu smiled brightly and told him good morning as he bent down to help her pick things up. As he started to pick up the letters he realized they were all love letters and confessions. He suddenly went pale and Atreyu noticed.

"Shinsou you feeling alright? You look pale.."

".... I'm fine just tired.... You seem to have quite the fan base now huh?" He said dryly while handing the letters to her. He never thought of what it would be like if she dated someone... Someone who wasnt him....

Atreyu blushed from embarrassment and put the letters in her bag. After she got everything together they walked to class.

"Talking to all these people is going to take all week!" She huffed.

Shinsou looked at her for a moment before saying, "It'd make more sense to just ignore them and hope they take the hint.... Unless there was someone you wanted to confess?"

"No...I can't date anyone right now...." She said sadly before continuing.

"Besides I have to talk to each one. Even if it's just a rejection."

Shinsou was a little relieved that she planned on rejecting all those confessions but was still confused as to why she felt the need to talk to them.

"Want me to be your fake boyfriend? It'll be less draining than breaking all those hearts. I can be very convincing." He teased. Atreyu gave a small laugh before looking at him thoughtfully.

"No... I think it'll be better if I'm honest with them and talk it out. These people who confessed put their hearts out there and it could be agonizing to be that vulnerable. It doesn't feel right to trick then just because it would be easier for me..."

In that moment Shinsou felt that familiar warmth in his chest that he's felt for years now.

'You never cease to amaze me Atreyu...' he thought while staring at her lovingly.

Atreyu looked up at him and blushed at the look he was giving her but she couldn't look away. It was rare to see him like this but she thought that he always looked his best when he smiled at her. But this look felt different from other looks he's given her. Just then the first bell rang and they went to class.

During the middle of first class

Atreyu was in her first class of the day which was marketing and they had a lot to go over because of the festival. Just as they were about to go over some of the presentations, there was a knock on the door and Mr Aizawa appeared.

"Hey do you mind if I borrow Atreyu for the remainder of this class?" He asked.

Her teacher agreed and her classmates murmured as she grabbed her things and went with Mr Aizawa. They walked to a conference room and Atreyu saw principal Nezu and Mr Vlad sitting at the table drinking tea.