Chapter 27 Atreyu vs The Pros

(Major trigger warning! This chapter has a suicide and death. This is not meant to glorify suicide. If you are having dark thoughts please seek help. It's okay)

The screening room

While the students in class 1-A waited for the match to begin the students were talking about Atreyu.

"Iida? You and Todoroki said you guys saw her use her quirk. What happened?" Asked Uraraka.

The others waited for Iida and Todoroki to answer. They noticed the tense look on their faces before Iida spoke up. Iida knew he couldn't give all the details because the police chief told them that the official and public reports say Endeavor saved the day. Not them.

"It was during the attack in Hosu. We were confronted by the hero killer Stain and Atreyu was there. Trying to tend to the wounded...." Iida paused remembering that horrible night and everything that happened.

Todoroki finished for him.

"Stain paralyzed us with his quirk and he was about to kill me but Atreyu pulled me out of the way.... Then Stain killed her in front of us..."

Some of the students gasped at the news and were shocked to hear what they experienced.

Bakugou was still a little skeptic.

"How do you know she was dead if you were paralyzed?" He asked.

Todoroki looked at him with a serious look then answered, " Because he beheaded her right in front of us, Bakugou."

"Then after a few moments... She just stood back up and reattached her head like it was nothing.... It..... Was like she was unstoppable." Iida said quietly while reliving the memory.

"How is that possible?" Asked Ojiro.

"It's her quirk that makes it possible." Answered Mr Aizawa while looking at Todoroki and Iida.

He didn't realize that that was how they found out. The students looked back at the screen and looked at Atreyu who was standing at the roof top of a large building. They noticed that she looked scared and was taking deep breaths to try and calm down.

Shoji felt his heart ache for her.

"Do we have to do this? She's frightened!" Shoji argued. He clutched his fist feeling helpless.

"Surely there is another way to test her quirk?" Asked Tokoyami who was also tense.

"This was Atreyu's choice and she knows she can back out at any time." Mr Aizawa argued back. The class watched and waited nervously. They stared to notice that she was saying something but they couldn't hear because there was no audio.

"Can anyone tell what she's saying?" Asked Ashido. Iida looked at her for a moment then smiled softly.

"She's singing..." He said softly.

At the testing center

Endeavor and Best Jeanist stood side by side in an empty street looking up at the top of the building in front of them. Hawks was flying above them. They watched and waited for Atreyu to activate her quirk and as time went by they became restless and anxious. Endeavor noticed that Atreyu was saying something while standing at the ledge.