Chapter 42 The Devil's Warning

(major trigger warning)

League of Villain's hideout bar

Bakugou slowly began to wake up.

Before he could open his eyes he could tell that he was tightly bound to a chair and his hands were completely encased in something. Much like the restraints he was bound in at the sports festival. Only this time he didn't have a cover over his mouth.

Bakugou tried his best to appear as if he was still knocked out while he listened to the room. He could hear some of the villains talking while watching the news on TV. Bakugou didn't give two shits about whatever stupid things they were talking about.

He had to find a way out.

He had to find out what happened to Atreyu.

Last time he saw her she was reaching for him and calling out his name while she bled out on the ground. His instincts told him that something happened to her and he had to get out...

Suddenly he heard a noise that sounded like the warp villain. Bakugou couldn't help but look up and he tensed at what he saw. Walking through the portal was the warp villain and Shigaraki carrying an unconscious Atreyu wearing a hospital gown.

'Did they seriously just kidnap her from the fucking hospital? Was no one watching her?' Bakugou thought angerly but quickly pretended to still be passed out. He needed to get information from them and figure out a plan to escape with Atreyu.

"You're back!" Said one of the villains.

"Why did you bring her? I thought she was dead." Said another.

"It's good that she's still alive. She's one of the few people Stain finds worthy." Said a villain.

"Master....." Shigaraki growled.

The room became so quiet and so tense that Bakugou felt a terrifying chill in the pit of his stomach.

"Why did you order them to kill Atreyu and to also keep it from me? What is she to you?" Shigaraki asked coldly.

'So he's not the leader?' Bakugou thought while still listening. Then he heard a chilling voice from what sounded like a speaker.

"I'm sorry to deceive you Tomura but I had to be sure that it was really her." Said the voice.

"What do you mean?" Asked Shigaraki.

"I had a suspicion that Atreyu was the little girl I lost three years ago. You see, like you Tomura, she was cast aside and abandoned by the very heroes that claim to care for her. All her life she has only known abuse and despair. Her quirk was awakened in the blood of her family and she was ignored by the public because people assumed that a hero would save her. Which they never did .... Sound familiar?" Said the voice.

'There's no way heroes would've ignored this if they knew!' Bakugou argues in his head.

"She's..... Like me?" Asked a shocked Shigaraki.

"Yes, Tomura. I found her while the Yakuza was selling her in an auction. I even bought her for $27 million just so you and her could be companions and you would never feel lonely again. Unfortunately she escaped and destroyed the Yakuza's labs in revenge for what they did to her. I doubt that she knows but she ended up killing several Yakuza in the process. I imagine that they are still quite upset with her about that." Said the voice.

'Atreyu.... Killed people? Does she know?' Bakugou questioned.

"I like her already." Said a villain. Bakugou noticed that it sounded like the one who grabbed him. Dabi.

What It Means To Be A Hero (BNHA X OC) Book I On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara