Chapter 41 Sleeping Beauty pt. 2

(trigger warning)

The next day

Shinsou's visit

Shinsou was pacing back and forth in the hospital's elevator. Clutching a bouquet of Clematis flowers tightly in his hand. He had been a nervous wreck since he saw what happened on the news the day before. He just couldn't believe it....

He didn't want to believe it.....

Atreyu was hurt....

The elevator doors opened to her floor and he rushed over to her room. Her father was kind enough to call him yesterday and bring him up to speed on Atreyu's condition. Ever since then Shinsou hadn't slept and barley ate.

Shinsou opened her door and froze at the sight. Atreyu was laying in the hospital bed in the middle of the room and there were flowers and get well cards scattered along the tables next to her. It was early morning and the sun was shining brightly through the window. Shinsou went to the window and drew the blinds to keep the sun off of her face. He then placed the flowers he got for her on the table with the others and then slowly grabbed a stool to sit down next to her. He looked at her for a long moment.

"Hey Atreyu ...." He sighed.

"I brought you some flowers.... So did the entire school apparently." He said sarcastically. It was quiet again with only the sound of her monitor beeping and her breathing. He watched her for a moment longer before a small smile appeared on his face.

"... You remember when we first met? You'd just enrolled into our middle school. You were an even bigger pain in the ass then..." He teased as he thought of the timid little foreign girl who barely spoke Japanese.

"I remember that the other students were intimidated by you because of your bright eyes and your fangs.... They would tease you because you didn't speak Japanese very well.... They even said that you looked like a villain...."

Shinsou remembered being upset with his other classmates when they would pick on her and call her a future villain. They did the same to him because of his quirk but it angered him more when he learned that they did the same thing to someone else. Someone who couldn't help how they looked.

One day he found her singing in the school's stairwell during lunch. He couldn't believe that that voice was coming from such a timid girl. He listened to her song and realized that it was in her native tounge. It sounded so lonely echoing off the stairwell walls. He'd often come to the same stairwell when the teasing got to be to much for him. Shinsou decided to sit with her and talk to her and from that day forward, they became best friends.

As their friendship grew, Atreyu started to open up and become her true, goofy self. They would tease and pick on each other which became their own little language at times.

"I remember sometimes on my way to school you would hide in the bushes and pounce on me like a damn cat!" He laughed. It use to piss him off whenever she would pounce and tackle him to the ground or when she would pinch his face to get him to stop being so grumpy.

He would give anything to have her reach up and pinch his face now.....

Tears started to form in his eyes the longer he sat in silence. Ever since they've started at UA they have both been so busy with school and training. Now she's spending more time with the hero course students it seemed. Which made him want to be in the hero course even more. He wanted to be around her. He wanted to hear her dumb jokes. He wanted to see her smile again.....