Chapter 38 Betrayal

(trigger warning/ major gore)

A couple minutes earlier

"Is it just you guys?" Asked Toga as she approached Dabi and Twice at the rendezvous point.

"You seem to be in a better mood... How much blood did you get?" Dabi asked.

"Just one. Ran into some trouble but it was worth it! I saw the most beautiful girl! She was covered from head to toe in blood! And her eyes were so intense! I think it's love at first sight!" Toga swooned. Dabi rolled his eyes at the fool.

"What do you mean love? Congratulations!" Said Twice.

"Compress and the others need to hurry up. Anyone know if that Atreyu girl is dead?" Asked Dabi.

"Who's that?" Asked Toga.

"You don't know? I don't know!" Said Twice.

"Oh yeah you were out somewhere. Shigaraki's master asked us to kill a girl named Atreyu while we were here. Shigaraki has some obsession with her. Probably why his master asked us to take her out." Dabi explained.

Just before anymore was said, they heard a shout from above. They all look up to see Compress and three others fall from the sky before them. Dabi instantly recognized the three as Mezo Shoji, Atreyu Toyomitsu, and Shoto Todoroki....

"Out of the way Compress." He ordered while aiming his flames at Atreyu. Compress shrunk down to a marble just before the flames hit the three. Todoroki got away but shojis arms were burnt. Dabi smirked at the sight of Atreyu burning until he saw her lunge towards him while still on fire. He watched as the burns healed quickly and he realized why the others have failed in killing her.

Suddenly Atreyu was knocked back by Toga who was now straddling her. Todoroki was too busy dealing with Twice to help.

"Hey it's you! I'm so happy to see you again! I was just thinking about how pretty you were covered in blood-" Toga smiled but was quickly cast aside by Shoji.

"Are you alright Atreyu?" He asked. Atreyu nodded.

"Oh no! You're Atreyu? Bummer! We're suppose to kill you... Oh well I guess we were never meant to be!" Toga smiled.

Shoji grabbed Atreyu's hand and told Todoroki to move as well. Turns out that amongst the chaos, Shoji was able to grab the marbles out of compress's pocket.

"Nice work Shoji!" Todoroki praised as they left to make their escape.

"Ohh well color me impressed! I guess that's to be expected from a guy with so many hands!" Compress said in a mocking tone.

Atreyu, Todoroki and Shoji ran towards the direction of camp but were blocked by the sudden appearance of the warp villain. The three students stopped in their tracks. They looked around and saw the villains were making their escape.

"The signal was five minutes ago. We need to go." Said the warp villain.

"Wait we still have to grab the target-" Dabi said but was stopped by Compress.

"Sorry to stall. Must be an old habit. You see, I use to be an entertainer and I didn't want to spoil your fun. But alas I must depart so I'll leave you with this little piece of advice..." Said compress as the students turned to face him as he finished speaking and dreading his next words.