Carter Kane x Reader

Third Person

He sighs and sits down in one of the library's many chairs. He opens the book in his hands, thumbing through many pages. All Carter wants to do is go to sleep. But instead, he continues to look through the book, the other kids happily dreaming. Sadie is on some quest with Walt and Jaz, leaving Carter and Y/N on their own with the others.

The brunette knows they had to leave, it is needed if they want to win the, what, fifth war in the past six years.

Zia was killed.

Percy Jackson was murdered.

Jason Grace died a long time ago.

Annabeth Chase was captured.

Leo Valdez was unconscious but in Brooklyn House still breathing.

Calypso was turned against them.

Piper McLean was looking for Magnus and his friends.

Frank Zhang was captured.

Hazel Levesque was killed.

Nico Di Angelo was looking for Will Solace, who was kidnapped.

Reyna was murdered.

The rest of both camps either were dead, turned, taken, or in Brooklyn House. That last one is not the most popular.

"Hey."

Carter looks up from his reading. A smile appears on his face when he notices the girl in front of him. "Hey yourself."

She takes a seat next to him. “You doing alright on your own?”

“You know I’m always at my best with you around.”

Y/N smiles, the tips of her ears turning slightly pink. “You’re a big flirt.”

“Or you’re just easy to make blush.” He smirks.

She shoves him lightly. Carter laughs as she places her hand over his. “Can you take a break from your reading for a while?” She smiles and stands, her fingers still intertwined with his. “Just for a while so we can cuddle.”

He stands with her. “Or so you can steal my body heat. You’re freezing.”

She laughs and nods. “That’s one reason.” She kisses his cheek. “And,” y/n pulls something from the air and holds it out to him, “happy birthday, Carter Kane.”

The boy takes the gift, looking at the design of the ring, knowing her style of creativity anywhere. She holds up her other hand and he notices a similar looking one on her finger. “It’s not a marriage ring, we’re a little too young for that. But it’s pretty good if I say so myself,” she states.

Carter puts his ring on his finger and smiles, “It’s perfect.”