Jake Mason - Let Me Help You

KidofApollo!Reader

"Jake," you growl. He had pulled your hand away, wincing in pain from the wash cloth. He's laying on the bed you two definitely have never shared in Beckendorf’s bunker, his shirt off to show the cut on his chest. "Let me help you."

He shakes his head. "What did you put on this thing? Why does it hurt so much?"

"I put alcohol on it to clean the cut up."

"How does alcohol help with that?"

You roll your eyes, gripping his wrist that's holding your hand back. "It's just a medical thing. Lee taught me a while ago." You pull his hand away from yours. "Now, hold still."

As you press the cloth to his cut again he groans in pain, his back arching a little, before he grabs your hand again. "It hurts-"

"You cannot be telling me that Jake Mason is breaking down because of some alcohol on his cut." You give him a pointed look before softening your gaze. "Grab my other hand, Jay. When it hurts too much, squeeze that hand, I can take it as long as you let me help you get better."

Jake looks up at you. After a minute he nods and lets go of the hand holding the rag, before grabbing your other hand, intertwining your fingers. "Okay. Okay." He breathes in and out, holding in the panic he knows he's about to feel. "Okay." He begins to relax with your hand in his. "I'm ready."

"Alright. Talk to me Jay," you say as you press the cloth to his chest. He squeezes your hand, closing his eyes tightly. "Jake, talk to me. About the future you want for us."

He bites his lip as you move the rag, getting the cut clean. "I was thinking-" his breathing cuts dramatically. "We would go somewhere else. Live by ourselves."

"Yeah?" You move the cloth again.

He nods a little. "Yeah. No monsters. No quest. No Gods or Goddesses. Just us." He even begins to smile a little. "Maybe not just us two, but maybe some little kids. Maybe a little you or a little me."

You laugh, taking the cloth away from his chest and grabbing something to put over the cut. "A little you? Meaning we had kids?"

"Do want to have kids with me?" Jake asks, opening his eyes as you cover the cut.

You look at him. "Here, let me-" you press your lips against his. "I would love to have kids with you, Jake Mason. Even if you are a little sensitive."

"I'm the sensitive one? That's not how I see it at night." He smirks.

"Really? Prove it."

"Gladly."

For: catcxxre1234
I don't remember if Jake ever found the bunker but in this, he did.