Aaron Stewart x Reader

Third Person

Aaron Stewart walks through the cafeteria, like any other boy. His eyes, and heart, set on the girl. The girl that looked like a flower, shining in sunlight. Tonight she looked more stunning than usual. Her (h/c) in curls down her shoulders. A black dress that went down to her knees, designs made of white fabric swirling in the darkness, almost like a galaxy. Her smile radiating from the lights on her. Well, not on her exactly, but she was the only one he noticed.

(Y/N) saw him too but tried not to. His blond curls falling perfectly. The way his tux fit him. His white bow tie standing out. She tried to keep talking to her friend, the two of them enjoying themselves. This wasn't what she dreamt of for her prom. She didn't dream of her lover walking closer to her, thinking he was going to someone else.

But then he stopped. In front of her.

Aaron smiled and her heart stopped for a second, before continuing what it had been doing, beating faster than it should.

"May I have this dance?" He asks, holding his hand to (Y/N).

Before she could say anything the announcer spoke, "Our last dance of the night ladies and gentlemen. And as per usual prom, a slow dance. So grab your partners and join me on the dance floor!"

She turned her attention back to the boy who still held his hand out for her to take. "Are you sure you want to have the last dance with me?"

"You'd be my only dance with a girl."

Her cheeks heat up, but all she does is smile. And this time it's his heart that melts.

"Then I shall," she jokes.

He laughs as she holds his hand. Together they join the other couples on the floor. The two start out, looking at each other, the color in one another's eyes the only thing they wish to look at.

She says, "Why'd you pick me?"

He smiles and replies, "I've always picked you." That takes her by surprise. "I've picked you since the third grade when we first met."

"You're kidding," she laughs out.

"Why would I kidd?"

They're silent for a minute.

"This could've been us this whole time?" she finally says.

"If we did this before, it wouldn't mean so much." Aaron gently pushes a piece of her hair behind her ear. "This dance wouldn't have an effect on either of us. Believe me, i've seen couples that were perfect gone, broken into pieces, from starting too early." He smiles again. "This way," he pauses before saying, "this way I won't take you for granted. That's the one thing i'm scared of doing."

(Y/N) takes in his words before smiling. Then she leans towards him, putting her head in the crook of his neck. "Then i'm glad we waited." He's stiff for a second before he relaxes.

"Me too."

----
Alright so this isn't my original plan but when I looked back on what i had wrote i was like, oh dear lord, no. So, here you go.

Please no spoilers in the comments. Haven't read the 4th book yet or any that came after if there has.

Lots of Love! @graecus-