Edmund Pevensie - Camping Gone Wrong

Edmund, the king I've been dating for five years or so, invited me to go camping with him and his family. We were meeting them in the main hall of the castle, coming from our side. Peter and his wife, Emily, were first to be there, waiting for everyone. Then it was Edmund and I. Lucy came next. Susan and Caspian showed up last, coming from their own castle. Or so I thought that was everyone before Edmund's cousin, Eustace, came running through with a duffle bag. Now, don't get me wrong, the rest of us had bags but they seemed a lot less heavy than his.

"That's everyone," Peter tells us. He wraps his arm around Emily and leads the way out of the castle.

*le time skip

Edmund and I are huddled next to the fire. I am wearing one of his shirts and my shorts, like I always do for bed. He is wearing a white shirt, his jacket over his shoulders, and his pants but I knew when it was time to sleep I would get to see my daily dose of shirtless Edmund in our tent (no, they're not going to do anything, it's how he sleeps). Peter and Emily are talking to themselves, planning out tomorrow. Caspian and Susan left a while ago to grab some food but I'm not sure if it's for themselves, if you know what I mean. Lucy made friends with some animals while Eustace clutched his duffle bag with his life.

"What do think's in his bag?" I mutter to Edmund.

He glances at his cousin. "I'm not sure I want to know. Eustace is still a mystery to me."

I laugh a little. "Fair enough."

As I settle back into his chest a loud growl comes from the woods. Lucy's animal friends run away, Peter and Emily look away from each to the darkness, Edmund and I glance at each other before his hand shifts to his sword hilt. I rest my hand on his, telling him silently to hold on before attacking whatever it was.

The growl came again and this time a bear jumped out of the darkness. Lucy stared at the animal, probably wondering if she could talk to it but Peter and Emily stood in front of her, drawing their weapons. Edmund and I stand as well, the two of us reaching to move Eustace away from the bear, my boyfriend's sword drawn towards the creature.

"Eustace, come on," I tell him, tugging the back of his shirt. When he doesn't budge I slap him, shocking him out of his trance. "Get up, let's go."

He nods and stands, never letting go of his duffle bag. The bear snarls and lunges, grabbing hold of the bag. Edmund, being worried he was going after me, jumped in front of me, using his body as a shield. His cousin stumbled but never let the damn bag go.

"Eustace leave it!" Peter yells.

"I will not!"

At this point Susan and Caspian came back from the woods, holding food for us. Immediately seeing the situation, they dropped the food and took out their weapons; a new sword and bow was pointed at the bear. It only growled and pulled harder on the bag.

Eustace began to be pulled with the bag. I quickly grab his shirt, holding him back, Edmund putting his sword in the holder and grabbing me as well. His arms around my waist, gripping me tightly and pulling away from the bear.

"Let it go!" I scream at Eustace.

And then the bag rips. My grip on the boy falters as I fall back, but Edmund's stays as we crash. He groans under me, his arms letting me go finally. I quickly stand, holding my hand out for him to take. He gladly does so, groaning and brushing himself off as Eustace whines from the ground.

The bear didn't attack us, instead it attacked a pile of hamburgers and steaks.

I glare at the crying Eustace. My boyfriend does the same, also starting towards his cousin. Before he can do anything I put my arm out to stop him, holding him back with my hand on his chest. I can feel his heart racing under my palm as he glances from Eustace to me.

"That's what you were hiding?" Peter asks, slightly lowering his sword. Eustace had just stopped crying but immediately started up again after Peter said that. The High King just sighed and put his sword away, the others following his example. "Let's go. We've got to find another spot." Everyone grumbled in agreement and began to pack up quickly.

As we got moving Eustace came up to Edmund and I, well, more to my side rather than my boyfriend's. Knowing better than to let Edmund glare at his cousin, I grab his hand to keep him a little calmer.

"Thank you," he tells us.

I smile at him, being polite. "It's alright, Eustace. Just please don't do that again."

"You're lucky she's okay," Edmund warns him. "If she had gotten hurt because you attracted a bear with your bag of food," he trails off. When Eustace nods and hurries to the others Edmund sighs and wraps his arm around my waist. He pulls me close, allowing me to lean my head on his shoulder. "I wasn't kidding."

"I know. You would've killed him."

Edmund kisses my forehead. "Yeah. I would've."