Chapter Two

I pulled into Eli's, making a beeline for my usual spot only to find it taken by a stocky Harley.

Oh, you fucking cocksucker.

Muttering to myself, I circled the lot back around to find another space, already irritated with the rapid turn the night had made.

I made my way inside, plopping down in the single open barstool.

"Eli, what gives? It's Tuesday fucking night."

The bartender made his way over to me, drying the glass in his hand and throwing the dish towel over his shoulder.

Well... he's hot.

Eli shrugged, leaning his hands on the bar-top. "Honestly? No fucking clue. I'm not complaining though. It's good business."

I rolled my eyes dramatically. "Yeah, well I'm fucking complaining. Someone took my spot!"

He chuckled, pouring me a beer and setting it on the napkin in front of me. "Poor Dani. Couldn't get the spot in front of the door and had to actually walk a few feet?"

I narrowed my eyes and flipped him off, taking a long sip of the cold alcohol. "Piss off, E. I take that spot because it's the only one not directly under a tree. I don't feel like scraping bird shit off of my bike. Sue me."

"Fair enough."

I swiveled in my chair, glancing around the room, happily staring out the plethora of windows that had pulled me to the club the year before. Its open nature helped ease my mind, no fear of closing space ever able to take over my thoughts - unusual for a club setting.

"Damn. Hi sexy."

Gag me.

I turned, following the low, nasally voice that had sounded behind me.

"Is that your bike out there?"

I looked down at my outfit and the keys on the bar, my helmet beside them, then back up to the muddy brown eyes staring back at me. I glanced back to Eli, but he was already with another customer, winking over at me and laughing.

Dick.

"Nope. I stole it. Someone's definitely pissed at me," I returned sarcastically to the newcomer, reaching for my beer.

"Oh. Well... could you ride a dick as well as you could ride a motorcycle?"

Oh sweet mother of-

I blinked, my eyes focused on the bubbling amber liquid in my frosted glass. Spinning in my chair, I crossed one leg over the other and the man yelped, my boot nearly making contact with his groin.

"You know," I slid off of my stool, pressing my body against his. I watched his Adam's apple bob as he gulped, clearly surprised at my forward actions. "I bet you'd love to find out, but you won't with those frat boy fucking pickup lines. Go work on those, junior."

He stumbled back a step and nodded quickly, running back over to his group of friends, all of which looked like they'd just turned twenty-one.

"That's a first." Eli's voice pulled my mind back from the young men in the opposite corner.

"What is?"

"You. Turning down a night of sex."

I finished my drink and nodded for another. "Jesus, Eli, he looks twelve."

He laughed and shook his head, putting the new beer on my napkin. "Not everyone younger than you is automatically twelve, D. He turned twenty-one a week ago. Just got his ID today and they're all here to celebrate. So you only have a year on him."