Chapter Twelve

My back was pressed against the chain link fence, its metal digging into my exposed skin. It was cold and unforgiving, my focus entirely on the uncomfortable setting and not on the man holding me.

His large hand in my hair tightened its grasp, trying to pull my head back so he could gain greater access to my neck, but in turn, he dug my head harder into the fence. I squirmed in his grip and he pulled back. I forced myself not to laugh, his attempt at a seductive smirk drowned in the liquor he'd consumed all night.

Stepping away from the fence, he spun to set my ass on the hood of the small truck next to us. Snaking his arm down between us, he pressed his fingers against my clit through my thin shorts.

I closed my eyes, trying to enjoy it, but I was still too wound up from a man that wasn't the one in between my legs. Johnny's face appeared in my memories, the scratch of his beard against my neck, his strong hands holding me, caging me against the shop's wall. I groaned.

Fuck.

The stranger pulled back marginally. "Yeah, you like that, doll?"

Doll. Barbie doll. Johnny.

I shook my head. "Don't call me that. I'm not your doll."

My snap must've shocked him because he blinked down at me and frowned, drunkenly staggering back and giving me space to jump to my feet. Before he could say a word, I made a quick move to get out of the back of the lot and back into the club. Finding Willow perched up on the bar, giggling with a grinning Eli between her jean-clad legs, I sighed. My getaway driver was busy and I was over the night with no way home but my own two legs.

"Barbie!" I heard her call out behind me, turning just in time for her chest to meet my face. Her sweet perfume clung to her shirt, filling my senses and thankfully drowning out the stench of stale beer and sweat coming from the dance floor behind me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just gonna head out. I'll see ya later." I went to turn, but she shook her head.

"I can drive you."

"No, it's cool. I'm not a cock block, Will. Go have fun. I'll walk."

"No, Barbie-"

"It's fine, really. I'll text you when I get home."

"If you're sure..." she bit her lip, hesitance etched on her face.

"I am. Go get laid."

"You're the best."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" I jokingly called to her, but she turned back with a wicked stare.

"So no falling in love. Got it!"

"Ouch! Sticks and stones, Will. Sticks and stones." I grinned back and winked, turning once again for the door. Dreading the walk ahead, I let my smile fall and growled to myself, digging my hands irritatedly into my short pockets.

I made it a mile and a half down the road before a car pulled up beside me, the passenger window sliding down with a hum. I rolled my eyes dramatically, continuing to walk forward, blatantly ignoring the creep at my side.

"Get in," the all-too-familiar voice demanded.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me. How did I not see this coming? It's like a bad movie!"

"Save the dramatics. Get in the damn car. And don't fight me, Barbie. It's after midnight."

I gasped, glancing at the time on my phone. "It is! I'm surprised you haven't turned back into a pumpkin yet. Your time is up, princess. Bye bye now. Before anyone sees your true form."