Chapter Eleven

I groaned, wanting to jump back into Johnny's arms and pick up where we left off. But I couldn't. He irritated me to hell and back for no reason other than because he could. He definitely doesn't deserve for me to drop to my knees, jerk his pants off, and-

"Don't look at me like that." His forced irritation slammed into me, and I wanted to call him out on it, but it took me by surprise.

I blinked, narrowing my eyes at him. My gaze locked on his fingers, watching them twist and turn in the shop rag he held. "Like what?"

"Like you want to fuck me."

My eyebrows shot to my hairline. "Oh, look at you. Mr. High and mighty, yeah?"

"Trust me. I wasn't imagining what I saw in your eyes."

"Oh, no, I'm not saying you're wrong. But I am saying that I wouldn't ever fucking do it. Sex is sex. I find you attractive, sue me. But I wouldn't ever act on it." I stepped forward, closing the gap between us. My hardened nipples pressed against my bra, screaming for his mouth. I ignored them and my clenching pussy, smirking up at him. "If you don't want me to think about it, then don't fucking kiss me like that."

"It wasn't my idea, you know. You asked me to."

"Actually, I asked you to make it look good. You didn't have to slam me up against the building and fuck my mouth and neck with your tongue."

"You're right. I only made it decent, not good. My apologies."

I choked on any sort of response I hadn't yet thought of, eyes blazing at the man in front of me. He stared down at me, hands dancing against my stomach as he continued to play with the shop rag. His eyes sparkled with heat of his own before he could blink it back and step away, proving he'd felt the same.

Oh dear god. Drop the rag and use those fingers elsewhere.

"Now. Wanna tell me what the hell you did to piss off the feds?"

I wanted to scream at him, my body too hot for the LA heat and his close proximity, but I refrained and kept my composure. "Nope."

"Daniella, this is serious."

"Ooh, Daniella? I'm in trouble now." I snorted and glared up at him, refusing to back down under his harsh stare. "Wanna tell me how you found out my fucking name?"

"I told you I would when I was sure you wouldn't cut my balls off."

I snorted. "Guess I'll never find out then."

"What'd you do to piss them off?"

"You know what? I'll tell you the truth when you tell me the truth." I crossed my arms over my chest, ignoring the goosebumps that raised immediately on my skin as they dragged up his chest on the way to my own.

"This isn't tit for tat. Your bike is in my shop. And I need to know if the fucking cops will show up here because of you."

I stared back blankly. "Well, it actually is tit for tat. Considering I have tits and you have tats."

"Daniella-"

"Oh, come on! That was a good one." I raised my eyebrows at him, but he continued to glare back at me. "Okay, okay! Damn, Johnny boy. You have to tell me your truth first though."

"This isn't a fucking negotiation."

"You're right, it isn't. Because I'm not negotiating. You tell me or I don't give you shit."

He dropped his head back on his shoulders, struggling to keep his calm composure. When he lifted his head and peered back at me, his lips were pursed and his eyes narrowed.

"That bike you have in there? Pretty rare to see one, especially as a daily driver. So I asked around."

"Aw, Johnny asked all over the city about me?" I batted my eyelashes at him sarcastically and his jaw clenched under his beard. "Careful. One might call that a fucking stalker."

"I needed your name for the customer ticket."

I snorted, walking up to him and patting him on the chest. "Keep telling yourself that. As much fun as this wasn't, I have to go."

"You had them drop you off here so they wouldn't know where you were actually going, didn't you? And I was your cover."

I stopped in my tracks, spinning with my most innocent look. "Who me? No! I obviously came to fuck you, but you said no. So I need to find a new target. Or I'll just get drunk off my ass and call you to try again. Who knows where the day could lead? All the possibilities!"

He shook his head and wiped a hand over his face to hide the small grin that appeared on his lips. "You're not going to tell me why they were with you, are you?"

"Nope. See ya!"

I took off in a run towards my apartment, laughing as I heard him mutter a curse behind me. When I was out of view, I slowed and stopped, running a finger over my lips. I shut my eyes for a moment, goosebumps covering my skin again at the vivid memory of his hands on my neck, in my hair. My thong was soaked through with need, so aggressively turned on from him that my body trembled, aching to turn back.

I pushed the desire away and forced myself into a run again, getting back to my apartment as fast as my legs would allow.

Quick to finish the transfers from Walker's finances to my offshore distribution accounts, I cleaned up my trail and leaned back, mentally ticking him off my list. A loud rumble sounded outside of my house then, a low purr of an engine coming to life.

I flinched, not wanting to run to the window, knowing exactly what it was - the same Harley that had followed and damn near chased me into laying my bike down.

How did I not hear it come near the house? Have I been so immersed in my work that I didn't notice? No. I shoved the thoughts away, realizing the most plausible possibility. Did they fucking push it the whole way to stay silent? Those bikes are fucking heavy and I'm on a hill.

I wanted to stomp outside and scream at its rider, kick their bike over to show them the same frustration I had now with my own. I wanted - needed - to know why they seemed to be following me. But I also wanted to see who it was, knowing the sheer strength they held in being able to push the sticky, heavy bike in such a way.

I rushed to my feet, my decision made, and ran to the door, throwing it open just in time to see the bike take off, speeding down the street faster than any stock Harley could've done.

Great. Fucking great.

I knew there was no way to trace me back to all of this. I'd been too honed in to cover my tracks too thoroughly. No, this had been a coincidental find for them that day in the parking garage and they'd been following me ever since.

But who the hell was it? And how could I get rid of them?

Frustrated and filled with irritation, I called Willow and changed quickly. Glancing in the mirror, I smiled to myself. Wearing frayed jean shorts and a cropped top, an outfit I didn't much get to wear with a bike, I made a beeline for the shop to meet her so we could head to Eli's club.

Before we pulled out of the lot, Johnny's silhouette appeared in the doorway, leaning against it casually and wiping his grease-covered fingers on the shop rag. Too curious to what they'd feel like inside of me, I groaned, pressing my thighs together and leaning my head against the seat behind me.

Willow laughed. "You good, Barbie?"

"Fan-fucking-tastic. I just need to get fucking laid."

She tittered a laugh again and backed out of the spot. As we drove off, I glanced again in the side mirror and found the doorway empty. I frowned, readjusting myself in my seat and pretending I hadn't just been disappointed that he was gone, but my body was aching to turn back.

Fuck this, D. Go get drunk and get laid. Fuck him out of your system.

I rolled my eyes to myself, wondering how easily that could be done with how furiously my body had responded to him earlier. But I had to try before I lost my edge and made my way back to the shop for him.

Focus, D. Stop simping for a goddamn man you don't need.

If only my pussy would agree.