Chapter Twenty-One

"You two make me sick!" I gagged into my beer as Willow sat atop the bar, Eli smirking as he stood between her legs with his lips on her neck.

Willow winked back at me and I gagged again, laughing.

"Wanna dance?" A deep, sultry voice yelled next to me, barely carrying over the loud music above. His large, shockingly pale hand stretched out towards mine, awaiting my reply.

I turned hesitantly in my seat, my eyes met with a broad chest covered in a black tee, stretched tight around the muscled torso. The dark shirt showed off the ivory skin below, clear of ink. A blank canvas. The opposite of the man plaguing my mind.

Maybe that's exactly what I need.

I slapped my hand in his, letting him pull me from my barstool and over to the center of the dance floor. Wincing when he spun me horribly and knocked me into two other people, I realized letting him lead the night would be an awful mistake.

"I'm Alec! What's your name, sweetness?"

Ew. People actually call strangers that? Oh fuck, he's still looking at me.

"What?" I yelled, pretending I hadn't heard him.

"What's your-"

Before he could ask again, I turned my back to him, pressing my ass against his groin. Immediately, his hands landed on my hips, holding me close as we began to move. With my skirt riding up my thighs, the thick air of the club left a warmth on my skin that the alcohol only added to.

I lost myself to the music, eager to get out of my own head. Tucker had taken over my mind for months, ravaged my body a week ago, and while I thought that would help the situation, it'd had the opposite effect. He flustered me and I couldn't stand it, mostly because he knew he did and used it against me.

A chill raced up my spine and I shuddered, that ominous feeling of being watched whispering in my ear. My eyes darting around the club in a dazed effort to find the culprit.

Standing with his back to the bar, Tucker leaned back casually against the top, his gaze locked on me. I blew a kiss over to him, spinning in my dance partners arms and wrapping my arms around his neck, grinding harder into his body. My eyes stayed on the obnoxious man by the bar, watching as his own narrowed, his finger tapping against the empty whiskey glass he held at his side.

His gaze darkened as he watched us dance. He was pissed, possessive, and I was pushing him - hard - curious to see how far I'd have to go for him to snap, if he even would.

"Want to get out of here?" My dance partner bent down to half-yell in my ear, nodding towards the door.

I didn't respond, just grabbed his hand and lead him to the exit, only for a white tee unable to cover the tattoo-lined broad chest beneath to suddenly block my line of vision.

I stomped my foot, throwing my hands in the air like an irate toddler. "Are you fucking following me? Seriously?"

"Where did you plan on going exactly?"

I glared up at Tucker, forcing down a smile as the familiar mint and whiskey scent fell from his mouth, washing over me. I shrugged, feigning indifference. "His place, probably. Might only make it to his car, though. Who knows."

The stranger winced. "I actually got an Uber here. And I don't live alone. I was hoping we could go to yours."

My face fell to a straight line. Glorious.

"Well. Guess we're walking somewhere then. And not to my house." I grabbed his hand and went to step around Tucker, but he shifted, continuing to block my path.