Chapter Six

"Open."

"Shut."

"Open!"

"It stays shut! I'm not having this argument with you again today."

"I swear to fucking God, Johnny, I-"

"Tucker."

"For fucks sake, I don't fucking care!"

"Why do you need the damn door open so badly? Hm? So you can air out the place from the stench of all the bullshit you speak?"

"I-" my thoughts cut off at the sarcastic sense of humor that peeked through his grouchiness.

Fuck, that was good. Don't laugh, Dani. Don't you fucking dare laugh.

I felt my lips curve into a light smirk, the inability to stop it angering me even more than the situation already had.

Oh, you weak bitch. Fucking get it together.

His face softened marginally for a moment and I almost missed it, a scowl immediately back in place. Running a hand through his dark blonde hair, he quickly maneuvered it into a bun and secured it atop his head.

"The door stays shut."

"Fuck you."

"Morning!"

"Whatever," we mumbled simultaneously.

Willow stopped in her tracks, eyebrows raised. "Right... well I brought snacks since the vending machine is fucked."

"Thank fuck. At least someone is hospitable."

"Let me know how much you paid. I'll pay you back." Johnny's voice softened as he spoke to her in comparison to when he had me.

At least he's nice to her.

"Nah. I put it all on the company card already." Willow grinned mischievously, setting the bags on a small free space on the table and heading back to the door.

"All? How much did you get? You know what? Never mind. I don't want to know. Wait a minute, that's where the card went? Willow!"

"Well that was a lot at once. You're setting her up for failure," I muttered, frowning at him.

"You stay out of this, Barbie."

"Oh hey, actually, wanna go out tonight, Barbie?" Willow looked to me with excitement in her near-black eyes and I wanted to acceptance immediately, but the nickname hit me like a brick.

"What the fuck is it with you assholes calling me Barbie?"

"I'm taking that as a yes."

"Fine with me."

"I'll pick you up at eight. What's your address?"

I rolled my eyes. "Just pick me up here. I'll get changed and come back."

"Like hell you will. You're already here too much." Johnny's voice cut through the shop, his eyes narrowed over at me.

"Oh, bite me, Johnny. I'll just be out in the lot. You'll be home by then anyway."

The smallest of flinches hit him at the word 'home', but he recovered as quickly as it touched him. Staying nonchalant, he nodded once and turned on his heel, striding into the office without another word.

"What was-"

"Dress hot tonight. I want to get laid. It's been too long since I've fucked anyone. Momma needs some vitamin D."