Chapter Sixteen

"Uh, you're cranky. How long has it been since you got laid?"

"Goodbye, Willow!" I forced the words through my teeth, stomping through the shop to the door.

"Oh fuck... You haven't since that night with me and Eli, have you?"

I shoved my hands irritatedly into my pockets, refusing to answer her - mostly because she was spot on and it pissed me off.

Ever since the first kiss with Tucker, I hadn't been able to push him from my mind. I needed to fuck him, get him out of my system, before I did something I regretted. I was in danger of talking to him, telling him every little thing I'd shoved deep down. I'd answer anything he wanted to know in hopes of learning about him in return, and I hated how willing I was to do so.

No. I couldn't do that. I'd never in my almost twenty-three years been forthcoming of who I was. Opening up to people invites love in, and loving people gets you hurt.

Sex was always as close as I'd get.

That's it. Sex is all it'll be, I lied to myself. Just need to fuck him and then I'll be fine. I'll be able to walk away no problem like always.

I made a beeline for my house, unwilling to turn and look back. Stepping into the foyer, I slammed the door behind me and bolted for the couch, flopping down onto it with an exasperated groan. I buried my face in the pillow and screamed, letting the dramatics fly before flipping onto my back and staring blankly at the ceiling above.

"Fucking Willow. Had to interrupt." I caught myself. "Interrupt what, Dani? There's nothing there, remember? Except my own psychopath tendencies because I'm having a whole ass conversation with myself. Fucking hell, I really do need to get laid."

I pursed my lips and pushed off of the cushions, slow to get to my feet before letting them lead me to my bedroom. With a sudden burst of needy speed, I grabbed my favorite vibrating wand and, without even bothering to take my jeans off, jumped onto the bed.

I pressed it against my clit with a gasp, the seam of my pants adding an extra sensation to the mix. I moved my hips, tuned in to the rhythm I'd set with the vibrator. Moaning low in my throat, my head dipped back against the pillows, angling my hips differently against the toy and letting its pleasure wash through me.

My body was humming, needy, aching for release from the tension that had built up for far too long. Already dripping from the encounter on the couch before, I was all too ready to let go, to jump off the edge and soar.

My eyes fluttered shut and my mind was instantly flooded with memories. Tucker's hands were on my ass, my hips, wrapped around my throat. His lips slanted over mine, his tongue memorizing the taste of me as his hands did the same with my body. The rasp of his beard against my overly-sensitized skin left trails of fiery pleasure aching to be ravaged again. The hard length of his cock pressed against my core as my legs wrapped around his waist.

The memory was so vivid, so engrained in my senses that my orgasm slammed into me without warning, crashing over me like the ocean. Its waves pummeled me down below the surface again and again in the most delicious ride of breathlessness. I cried out, his name falling from my lips before I could stop it.

An uneasy, fake laugh coursed from my gasping lips. I wiped a hand down my face and threw the toy across the room, hating how easily I came with the mere thought of the man I wanted to hate.

"I'm so fucked."

____________________

"Are you fucking kidding me, Eric?"