Chapter 9

Suhyun POV

I woke up feeling like I was a caterpillar in a cocoon. As if I was being embraced tightly. It made me feel warm.

And considering how cold it was, the warmth was welcomed.

Until I realized why I felt warm. I opened my eyes to see an arm tightly around my waist. I was against a very sturdy chest and I could feel soft breaths at the back of my neck.

Looking down, I realized I had curled up and the figure had also done the same, essentially spooning me.

To put it blatantly, Jung Hoseok was spooning me.

My face felt like it was on fire as I tried to gently peel myself out of his arms. He did it unconsciously I'm sure, just trying to find warmth. And that's good on-field skill of using your resources.

But it was making me feel incredibly flustered, so I tried to get out as fast as possible.

He had other plans. Still asleep, he tightened his grip on my waist and pulled me back, trapping me in his grasp.

Part of me wanted to just smack him in some way so he'd recoil but I went for the more passive method.

"Agent Neuron, wake up. That's an order from your senior," I spoke firmly, hoping the sound of orders being barked would wake him up.

Thankfully, it did. He jerked slightly, opening his eyes slowly.

"Suhyun?" He groaned groggily.

Oh my god his morning voice. Ahem...very deep. Yes. Nice.

It took a couple of seconds before he gasped loudly. His hand flew off of my body and he rolled away as fast as possible, sitting up.

I slowly sat up, offering an awkward smile.

"Miss Eun I- I'm so sorry. I didn't realize. I truly didn't mean to, I was asleep, I must've- oh my god I'm so sorry," he rapidly apologized, his face red as a tomato.

I brushed it off, hiding my own embarrassment, "Don't worry. I know you were cold. Good work umm using your resources."

The poor boy looked about ready to crawl in a hole of shame so I just decided to move the subject along.

"Anyway, now that we're up, we need to get situated with how this is going to work. Hopefully they'll let us shower and get ready but be prepared for the worst," I said.

We knocked on the door to our closet thing, hoping that the people out of it standing guard would hear.

"What do you want?" One of them huffed.

I motioned for Hoseok to do the talking since misogyny was everyone's middle name here.

"We were told we'd be allowed to practice dances for our performance. And we also need clothes and showers and stuff," he said unsurely.

They scoffed, "This isn't some hotel. You don't get all the luxuries in the world just because we decided not to kill you. But yes, all of that has been prepared. If you are ready, we'll escort you to the bathroom while some others stock your closets."

Getting back into my role, I held onto Hoseok's arm, trying to appear timid and afraid.

I kept my head low as they opened the door, avoiding eye contact with them. From there, I continued my general assessment of the environment we were in.

This time I was looking for the little details. For instance, there was a camera right outside our room. From the short moment before we started walking, I had deduced that in total it was a twenty-four second rotation. At the far right and left, the camera would be still for seven seconds, and would rotate from each side in ten seconds.