Chapter 49

3 Months Later

Hoseok POV

"Do I have the green light? He's right there. It's a pretty easy take down?" I pressed a finger to the ear piece.

"Would you relax? Don't get hasty and jeopardize this mission. We can't afford to lose him."

"Arin...I'm not going to lose him. I'm going to take him down. This mission is already running an hour over time. I have to get to the hospital before sundown," I huffed.

"Would you two stop bickering?! Hoseok, do it now!"

I rushed out from behind where I was hiding and aimed my weapon right at the suspect.

The suspect was the beloved dealer in the Poison Ivy Case as well as our Nature's Organization case. After the scare with Suhyun literally dying for a minute, I realized that sitting there agonizing over her every second wasn't going to bring her back to me sooner. I waited in anticipation every day, hoping she'd wake up and I'd be beside her. But I couldn't sacrifice everything for that moment. I had to get on with my life like she'd want me to, and then be there whenever I could. Which was still every day. Any time I had free time, I was with her. I'd do little things with her to communicate with her in her coma. Little arts and crafts to keep myself from getting anxious or overly sentimental and so that she'd wake up to an embarrassingly childish display of knickknacks.

"Hey! Drop the drugs, put your hands behind your head, and get on your knees!" I yelled, scaring away the buyer, leaving only the dealer.

"Wait—aren't you?" He questioned.

"Nice to see you again, bud. Now get down," I sneered.

He was trapped in a one-way alley, and I was blocking his only exit. He was stuck, with no way out.

With a reluctant grunt, he got down to his knees which allowed for me to come behind and cuff him.

"You may not be able to be tried for you Poison Ivy Case again, but with all the evidence stacked against you, you won't be getting out again," I hissed, picking him up and throwing him into the back of my car.

"Suspect status?"

"Apprehended. Bringing him in now," I said.

"Agents are ready for your arrival and will take him when you get back."

"Great, because I have somewhere very important to be," I rolled my eyes.

I drove with hurried intention, ignoring any quips from our friend in the backseat.

Once I got back to the bureau, Namjoon and Jihan were already waiting to take him inside. I quickly thanked them before brushing past them upstairs.

I greeted my coworkers with a halfhearted smile as I practically sprinted to my desk.

"These bouquets keep dying, why do you get them for her?" Arin huffed. "She hates flowers you know."

"When she wakes up, she'll have something to chew me out about I guess," I rolled my eyes, not in the mood for her banter.

Seokjin chuckled, "God if she was here, she would be smacking both of you upside the head."

My heart clenched. 'If she was here.' It wasn't like she was dead. She was a fighter. And she would fight to live. She would be here. She would separate our banter and smack us.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said softly, hurrying away from them.

I was so late to see Suhyun. I usually relieved her parents from the night duty and ate dinner with her, but I was so late. What if something had happened in my absence?