Chapter 38

Minor violence warning, nothing major
_________________________________

Suhyun POV

The heels of my boots satisfyingly clacked against the smooth marble of the office building as I entered the familiar entrance once again.

Hoseok was stuck to my side, annoyingly bugging me every five seconds to check if I was feeling okay without the sling on my arm.

I irritatedly pressed my index finger against his lips, "It's sweet that you worry about me, but if you ask me one more time, I'm going to dislocate my shoulder right here again."

He pouted, "What kind of partner would I be if I didn't worry over you?"

"The kind that does the other parts of his job description and doesn't annoy me," I joked.

"I could never annoy you," he giggled, purposefully trying to bug me.

I rolled my eyes, scanning my ID tag at the security check while one of the guards stood watch.

"Oh my god, hey sir, could we let her skip this for a bit? She's got bruised ribs and this mechanism could hurt her by mistake," Hoseok hurriedly said, motioning to the turnstile.

I internally facepalmed in embarrassment, "I'm so sorry about him, please ignore what he just said. I will be okay with walking through."

The poor guard stared at us slack-jawed, genuinely unsure how to react. I'm sure in all his years, such a request had never been asked once. If I had the physical ability to, I would've probably been at his feet begging for forgiveness.

I went through the security scan as fast as possible before speed-walking away from Hoseok as he checked in to tease him a bit but also just out of embarrassment.

"Hey! Don't leave me!" He whined, running to catch up with me.

He instinctively grabbed my right hand to hold and swung it a little, but I was feeling like messing with him a little for revenge.

I gasped dramatically, "O-OW! That was the dislocated shoulder!"

His soul practically left his body as he fumbled for words.

"Ahh! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" He screamed. "O-oh my god I'm sorry. I thought—but the left arm...wait," he stammered.

I burst into laughter, "Oh my god I'm so sorry, that was mean. But your face was so funny, it was like you had seen a ghost."

I couldn't hold back my laughter as his mortified expression turned into betrayed anger. His eyebrows cutely furrowed and his face soured into a frown.

"I'm so sorry, you're so cute, I won't do that again I promise," I tried to ward off the left-over giggles but I couldn't.

He wordlessly turned on his heel and made a beeline for the elevator. I chased after him, constantly apologizing with giggles trailing after. But he wasn't having it. Even he had buttons that could be pushed.

I pouted, gently poking him to get him to react. I know he was worried and I really appreciated that. I tried any cute action I could imagine that he'd like. Poking his dimples. Pulling his cheeks.

"I'm sorry Hobi, don't be mad," I said in a cute voice.

It was brief, but I saw a little smile tug at the corners of his lips before he went back to frowning again.

I see. Well, two can very easily play at that game.

I sighed, nonchalantly draping my right arm loosely around Hoseok's neck while my left arm crawled up his chest and rested there. I titled my head up, capturing him for a sweet kiss. I smiled when he responded in kind, inevitably giving up and wrapping his arms loosely around my waist.