Chapter 40

Hoseok POV

I stormed into Arin's apartment not even waiting for her to invite me in. Seokjin was already there, very confusedly greeting me as I walked in.

"Umm come in?" Arin said.

"Can we help you?" Seokjin raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Help me find Suhyun! It's been two weeks and she's gone no contact. It was fine at first, I called her for the first three days of her suspension, but then she stopped answering my calls. She's not responded to a single text. She's done nothing. She's not messaged you either. How are you not worried?" I exclaimed.

"Umm well if you didn't storm into my apartment like a crazy person, you would've realized we were here discussing that," Arin retorted.

"Look, I'm sorry. But what if something bad happened to her," I theorized.

"Why would something bad happen to her? She's not one to be self-destructive when something bad happens to her," Seokjin said.

"First of all, she literally drowned herself in work for years after Sae died which sounds pretty self-destructive to me. But that's not what I'm talking about," I said, trying to withhold the details like she asked.

Arin narrowed her eyes, "You're hiding something. And don't even try to lie because you are awful at hiding it. You two were being very secretive on the day she got suspended too...so spill the beans."

Seokjin stared at me pointedly, "If you're hiding something that could help us find her, you're not going to get information out of us."

I bit my lip, "We're not...she's not hiding...it's not important."

"Do you want to know if she's alright or no?" Arin threatened.

They were both staring intently at me, well more like glaring. I promised her I'd keep them out of it. She didn't want to put their jobs at risk or have to risk their loyalty to the boss. She told me she had a really good lead, but refused to tell me what lead she had. But I could tell it had to do with our boss which must've really shattered her trust.

"Hoseok, please," Seokjin said softly.

I swallowed hard, sighing defeatedly, "Alright fine. But you have to swear that you aren't going to rat her out to the boss."

"As if our loyalties have ever lied with her. If she was worried we'd snitch her out, she must've not been friends with us for the past five years," Arin scoffed.

"She's working on a follow up case to the Nature's Organization one. The true boss of the operation was still out in hiding when you caught everyone. And she knows the cycle won't stop until he's brought in. And she also really didn't trust that Yeonho guy and thinks he has a connection to the boss, so she's trying to pursue the lead but the boss very cryptically stopped her. She thinks she might even be involved in some way," I explained.

"The Poison Ivy case..." Seokjin breathed out.

"The what?" Arin and I said.

"Is she staying at her work apartment?" He asked.

"Yeah...I tried seeing her but the receptionist dude said that she refused to see anyone and he literally shoved me out," I said.

"Doesn't matter. We'll take my car. Let's go. Now," he sternly said. The usual happy-go-lucky look on his face was replaced with worry and intrigue all at once.

Arin and I were puzzlingly dragged to his car where he drove off without giving us a single bit of information to understand his franticness.

We got to her apartment fast and practically ran inside per Seokjin's request.