Chapter 29

Trying something different with this chapter 🫢

_________________________________

Seungyun POV

"We've done as you told us, sir. The scare tactics seemed to have worked. The two are in opposite corners of the room huddled into balls out of fear."

I spun a pen in-between my fingers, anger bubbling just from the mere thought of this whole situation.

"That was money down the drain; I want whoever did this to be found immediately. Dead or alive I don't care, either way they'll be seeing what hell on Earth is like," I hissed. "They could've been plotting to free my trophies with the way they snuck around that window."

The desk rattled as I slammed my fists onto it, scattering some of my papers and stationary.

"The security team is working hard to figure out who it was. Whoever it was though seemed to be in an all black getup to really hide most details of their face. We tried searching the hostages' room but there's nowhere they could've hid it even if it was them. We tore their room apart, frisked them more than once, and tried to force them to confess. Besides, puny runts like them would be nowhere near capable of breaking out the lot that easily and not getting caught."

I grumbled in thought, wracking my brain as to who was in and out of the mansion at the time that could've played a part in this. That is if it even was someone from the mansion.

Wooseok has been getting unusually close to that woman. In fact the whole organization had been. They were cozying up to her more, flirting, obeying her.

In a moment of pure anger, I hurtled the pen in between my fingers at the wall, narrowly missing the person who was entering the room.

"Who the hell are you?" I hissed, motioning for the other employee to get lost for the time being.

The man chuckled, "Your rage seems to have sullied your memory, sir."

"Ah...you're that freelancer we've hired. I forgot that you like to pull off that get-up." Seungyun narrowed his eyes, "I wonder why. Perhaps the one who isn't all they said they were, was you. All black, mysterious motives, savior complex..."

The freelancer gave a hearty chuckle, "Your jests are a riot my friend. Maybe you'll be a comedian if this job falls through."

I gritted my teeth, getting rather irritated by the snide remarks of the no-good freelancer.

"There's a reason you came in here. If you don't start talking, I'll have you forced down and dealt with much more violently."

"Aw come on boss, that's no way to treat someone who's helping you. I'm not even an official member of your organization but I've put in triple the work that any of your members have. I've done the real work to get you the information you need," he smirked.

I paused for a moment, glancing at the man in all black.

"That's right. None of you would've even known there was a mole if not for me. I haven't stopped my search for them and it ties directly into this incident. I've been more on your side than anyone, boss," he grinned.

"Let's not jump the gun till we known how truly useful your information really is," I scoffed.

"It seemed to be substantial last time, but as you wish," he shrugged. He dug through his coat pocket, pull out a little USB drive from it. He tapped it expectantly before tossing it to me.

"What is this?"

"All the proof you'll need. The answers. The truth. Your mole, or moles rather, are all right there. The people sabotaging you from the very beginning," he continued to hype it up.

"Why don't you just tell me yourself? I hate guessing games," I fumed.

"Oh but you don't have to guess, boss. It's all right there. So much more than just the words out of my mouth."

I tentatively held the USB, examining it to see
If there were any outer signs that it was a fake out or going to give me a virus.

"Have some faith in me, sir. I'm quite sure you'll enjoy the results. Consider your mole problem solved. You're welcome."

"Don't get smart with me."

I begrudgingly inserted the USB into the computer port, letting it download the files saved on the drive.

File after file after file popped up, with images and reports that horrified me.

Everything I clicked seemed to lead to more deception that this organization had once again fallen victim too.

Conversation threads, reports, pictures of files I had stored away...

"It seems the songbird has sung its last tune."

"They're both agents. I don't know what their exact mission is, but I'm sure it's nothing short of bringing you and this organization to its knees. They've been here under false pretenses the whole time. Let in on so many dirty secrets, witnessed everything..."

I raged, "You don't think I know that?! I thought we had dealt with that Songbird girl. After she got shot, you'd think she'd learn to stop digging. The boss warned us about her before he left. I should've known something was off with her and that boy."

"What do we do? She'll call for backup soon and we'll be through."

"Not if I can help it. We'll make sure we get to them first before they ever get that chance. I'll teach them the consequences of trying to breach our work. Especially that Agent Songbird. She won't be so lucky this time."

"They'll notice she's dead once she goes radio silent though. Then we'll still be in the same predicament."

"No. We'll be prepared," I said. "This will be our own silent operation. We're doing to turn their little game on its head. They've messed with our money, our people, and they'll regret doing so dearly."

"I'm with you every step of the way. Those filth won't get away with what they've done."

I glanced back at the screen.

061621. Her serial number at the bureau.

I grinned triumphantly. This wasn't all bad. After all, I had some information on her too. Enough to put a target on her back at least.

Hyun Eunsu is actually Eun Suhyun.

"Her and her little boyfriend are about to get a real wake up call for what happens when people try to meddle in our affairs," I smirked. "Thank you..."

"Yeonho. The name is Yeonho, sir."

____________________________________
Dun dun dunnnnn