Chapter 35

More violence and mentions of weapons. Kinda gruesome (not really) but also yeah so read with caution!!
_________________________________

Murmurs were swirling around my head like a cacophony of annoying bees buzzing.

Wake up.

I could pick it out amongst the constant chatter. Why did I need to wake up? Was I even asleep right now?

Wake up.

It was getting more aggressive. This person really wanted me to wake up.

Wake up.

In a sudden rush I could feel feeling rush back into my body. I was starting to get a sense of presence.

Wake up.

I was Eun Suhyun. I was on a mission. I got sedated twice. Hoseok. Where is he?

Wake up.

My eyes slowly opened, dully refocusing and trying to clear the morning fog. I had a general idea of my situation, but my mind was all scrambled into a million different fragments that I couldn't piece together.

I was in a room, but that fact wasn't registering in my head. I saw a desk but it wasn't clicking who's desk it was.

There felt like a giant chunk of my brain missing that was preventing me from functioning properly.

The only coherent thought was Hoseok and the fact that I needed to get to him now.

I moved to get up, but I was held in place by a cold metal snapping my wrists and ankles from moving anywhere. I blinked a few times, trying to jog my brain to work.

Chains. They were chains. I had been chained to the wall to prevent me from moving.

"Well well, she finally rises. I was worried we had killed you for a moment," a voice chuckled.

With half-lidded eyes, I looked up as far as I could. A man loomed over me with a conniving look on his face. I couldn't recognize him but my gut was telling me to watch out.

"You look confused darling. I guess your brain is taking a bit longer to wake up," he hummed.

"Where...am I?" I drawled.

"Ten feet away from where you collapsed darling," he said. "Shall I jog your memory? I need you coherent so we can get this over with faster. You work for the Bureau of Special Investigation. You're a secret agent under the alias Agent Songbird, the famed hero of this country. A modern vigilante if you will. This is Nature's Organization. People who are working on the double to restore the world to its natural order where the rich men of this world are on top and everyone else scavenges for scraps at the bottom. You came here foolishly thinking you could stop us after a horrendous failure to do so last time. And now you're here bound because you were simply incapable of stopping us."

I stared blankly at the man, the details sounding familiar. My brain desperately reached out to them to put together a cohesive story but it just wasn't latching onto the details. It's like having a song on the tip of your tongue but you can't remember it and then it bugs you like an itch for the rest of the day.

Suddenly I felt a force grab my hair and slam my head back into the wall. I gritted my teeth, letting out a weak whimper.

"Get it together Songbird. I told you I don't have time for games," he hissed.

I guess getting hit in the head did it, because it all came rushing back to me in one current flooding back into my brain. Eun Suhyun. Agent Songbird. Mission, Nature's Organization. Jung Hoseok. Sedated.