Chapter 18

Mentions of trafficking, drugs, etc.
_________________________________

"Mm stay here~" Hoseok whined sleepily.

My eyes were wide in shock and terror as he clung onto me like a child.

"Get up, someone is banging at the door," I hissed.

Today was supposed to be a dull day for us. We were going to get scolded by the boss for our actions at the event and then be locked in our room for the day.

So Hoseok and I had nothing better to do then sleep for the whole day.

And now he was clinging to me tightly, refusing to let me go. He must've not realized what he was doing due to his exhaustion,

I cleared my throat a little louder, "Rookie, you ought to detach."

"But you're comfy," he whined.

My heart raced, but I needed him up and about. Though this warmth wasn't exactly hated, it was a little scary in all honesty.

So, I went with the only method I knew. Violence.

Without giving him a bruise, I smacked him on his side really hard multiple times to wake him up fully.

"H-huh?! What?! I'm up! Who's hitting me?!" He sat up in a panic.

"Get up, someone is coming," I hissed.

He flinched in fear, realizing that it had been me who had abused him in his beloved sleep.

With my body free of its constraints, I was able to get up and brush myself off.

Hoseok seemed flustered, flailing around to appear busy, and avoid eye contact. He kept his head down, but anyone could tell he was a red as a tomato.

I went over and opened the door to stop the people on the other side from breaking it down. I forced a smile when I saw Wooseok march right in, taking my hand in his and pulling me with him.

"Good afternoon my darling, how are you feeling? I know you must've gotten so hurt yesterday hmm?" He cooed, fussing over me annoyingly.

"I'm fine," I said curtly.

"You just gotta keep quiet doll. I admire you're kindness but it really does come off as weak. Some people are alive for the purpose of dying," he shrugged nonchalantly.

I clenched my hand into a fist, tightening my anger into a ball so that I could restrain it.

"Anyway, I came to bring you two some news. The boss wanted to sit down and have a serious chat with you both but...something came up in the schedule," he said cryptically, shooting me a knowing look.

Ah, I know.

On one of our 'dates,' he had mentioned that a new supplier wished to meet with the organization and create a channel for drugs through them. Wooseok had told me that the meeting was undecided and something up to the supplier to do.

"The whole body of our organization must be in attendance. The person we are meeting with, wishes to see the capability of all of our members," he continued. "Of course, not including you. So the boss came to have me tell you that you will both be locked in the room for the whole day. We'll scrape leftovers whenever we get back, but for the time being, just deal with some old chip crumbs or something that you have."

"How long will you be gone?" Hoseok asked.

Wooseok shrugged, "Don't know. Just deal with it."

Wooseok played with my hair, being all kinds of weird with an uncomfortable lack of space in between us.