Chapter 24

TW: more mentions of abuse, violence, and trafficking. Please read the chapter with caution if triggered
_________________________________

No. Why? Why was I back here?

I was back, in the horrid image I had tried to completely erase from my mind. In that stupid storage unit, surrounded by dozens of other women.

Get me out of here. Please for the love of god let me wake up.

What I had done to deserve this awful reenactment I couldn't even say.

The women were around me worriedly, gently patting a wet towel to my shoulder which had begun to hurt extremely bad.

"You have to stop. Please. It's killing us to see you get so badly hurt for us. We appreciate your help, so much, but we can't let you do this alone," one of the girls said.

"I can't ever let that happen. It's my job to make sure each of you come out as safely as possible," I said.

"But what job will remain if the employer is dead," another said bluntly.

I laughed, "That'll never happen. I promise. I'm here to protect you. I was trained for this, don't worry."

All of them seemed extremely unsure and stayed around me to help treat my wounds. All but one.

She was standing their in a corner, peacefully waiting for the disaster to hit. I couldn't ever blame her for what she did, because survival meant the world to her, at all costs, but even then, I shuddered at the thought of her betrayal.

On cue, the true boss of Nature's Organization walked in. The walking personification of evil, Mister Oh.

No one knew his real name, but he had a face that was impossible to forget. The pure malice in his eyes was a haunting sight that wouldn't ever leave me.

He stormed in, his commanding presence making all the girls recoil away.

He had put them and me through a special kind of hell. Even though he was the sole person any of us interacted with, he carried the way of the organization's horror on his shoulders.

"Listen up! All of you! I have an important announcement that pertains to your worthless lives," he hissed.

I had never seen him that angry. He was always pure sinister and sly, but all that was written on his face was pure rage.

"It seems after all of this, only one of you seemed to have got the memo of how I work. You're all lucky to have Lyn," he sneered. "Well almost all of you."

His gaze fell onto me sending a shiver down my spine. Without another word, he swiftly approached me, grabbing me by the hem of my t-shirt, pulling hard enough so it choked me.

The other girls gasped in fear, but were too scared to do anything.

"I have been informed that we have a little spy in here. An agent from the investigative bureau. For specifics, the highly trained and formidable Agent Songbird. And she thought she could infiltrate here and nobly save you all. Isn't that right Agent?" He pointedly turned on me, tightening his grip.

No way he found out. He couldn't have.

But he did. And he found out because one of the girls ratted me out.

My gaze slowly traveled to Lyn who was in the corner, avoiding looking at the situation. She seemed petrified. She was shaking with anxiety.