𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

It's was a lovely Tuesday morning. Thanks to that book I read, I've never felt so Alive. There is this bright burning energy that this book has given me and I have to say, it was totally worth the read. I literally couldn't stop smiling.

"Hey, Coca- Cola. Your shoelaces are untied,"

I groaned in annoyance but still, I ignored him, keeping my smile subtle. He must have noticed I was ignoring him and that aggravated his anger.

"Hey. I'm talking to your fur brain. I know you don't have hearing disabilities, neither do you need hearing aids to hear me,"

I ignored him, chuckling to myself as I sat quietly in my seat. I may not be the brightest in my class and neither do I know everything, but if there is one thing for sure, I know I have a magnetic memory and putting what I listen to from books like how to get away with Bullies to go used is what I do. The act of ignoring your bullies is one of the things I learned from the book and I was putting it to good use.

"Hey, I'm talking to you. Show some respect,"

He tried to punch me but I dodged it just in time and because I sit directly beside the wall, he ended up punching the wall instead. He hissed in pain, glaring at me. His eyes at this point were red with anger as he tried to retaliate. He tried grabbing me by the collar to finally hit me, but he was stopped by a new hand I didn't know was watching the whole exchange between me and Olatunji Babatunde the only guy that single-handedly sent me to the hospital every time we have an encounter.

"You won't dear lay your fingers on a girl now, would you?"

The owner of the hand said in a thick yet smooth voice. I couldn't help but swiftly turn to trace the hands to the owner. My mouth had a mind of its own as it voluntarily hung open. He looked at me briefly winked at me and then shoved Olatunji away from me creating enough space between my sit and where he was standing.

" who the hell are you supposed to be. Her knight in shining armor?"

" no, a human being who just wants what is best for a classmate. And last I checked you are not even a JSS 3 student so what are you doing in our block. Correcting what are you doing in our class senior." The new guy said.

I was trying to recall his name but it wasn't coming to my mind. I just watched the exchange of words Between my no-one bully in school and this new guy who was dressed in a JSS3 uniform just like me.

"Oh, so you do know I'm your senior and I can get you punished if I wanted to? Ha...well, you better watch your mouth, new kid  because if you weren't new then you probably wouldn't have confronted me,"

"New or not I will still mess you up if the chips are down,"

"Big words for a small kid. Stay out of this, kiddo huh!! If you ever interfere in my business ever again, you are not going to like where you will end up!!"

Olatunji said in a low but dangerous tone which sent chills down my spine and not in a good way. He left our class a second later while the new kid was walking towards me. I quickly jumped up to my feet and rushed to meet him halfway.

He had his lips in a tight grin the minute he stopped in front of me and I couldn't stop the broad smile on my lips as we both said simultaneously.

"Good morning,"

"Hi. I'm Maddlyen Adeyemi Coker, the class misfit,"

"I heard and I'm Gage Trevor Macaulay, the class's latest hotty. Ooooh, I did not just make a rhyme right now,"

He said and we both giggle at his response before going back to my seat. By the time we were already sitting, some of our classmates were just making their way in while we waited for the teacher.