𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

"You insolent child!!! How could you, Adeyemi! Of all illment to get, you didn't see malaria like normal people, it had to be the abnormal one. Which one is Dyslexia now ehh!!!"

Monther was furious and father was livid with anger. His hands were on his waist pulling out his belt so he could use it on me and that sacred the shit out of me. I was already way to skiny for a 9 year old, pls what was the point of the belt.

" you this child you think you can go around sleeping with men and not get caught? Well look who is a crying now, you couldn't even stick with HIV at least you could die peacefully but no it was Dyslexia you selttle for."

Father spoke to me still struggling to get the belt out of his belt hole. I didn't blame my parents for lashing out on me, I was the middle child so it was expected. But what I didn't expect was for them to think that the Dyslexia I was diagnosed of was a Disease gotten from sexual intercourse. Were they really that naive, were they even thinking at all? Now here they were lashing out at me threatening to beat out the Dyslexia in me. Hmph like that could ever work.

" I will teach you a lesson today you twat, all you do Is sleep eat and bring home red flags as Results."

He lashed me with his Belt, and as the second one was well on its way to my chest, I screamed. I screams so loud I woke up screaming and trashing around until I snapped my eye opened. I realized it was a dream and I try to reduce my hyperventilating, I told deep steady breaths to calm my self, thankfully it worked.

I had a nightmare about my childhood again and this could only mean one thing, today was the  remembrance  of my  biological parent's death, Today makes it 8 years since they left this world. I signed Gawd Damn it, today was the 14 of July the day they passed away. Ever since I ran away from home and found my way to lagos few hours to my birthday, I knew something was going to happen. I just didn't think it was going to be this bad or I was going to loose my parents. They died in there sleep according to what Sister March said I don't know why I found it so hard to believe.

Ever since the 14th of July, I have always had nightmares. Nightmare of how they maltreated me, of how they wrongly punished me, nightmares of how they made me look like the misfortune in the family. For 8 good years I've had those nightmares 8 good year I've had to live with that reality. Today makes it the 8th year and frankly I just want to stay locked up in my room and not have to leave this place.

" didn't you hear me calling you, abi you want to tell me you are deaf now?"

" not this morning Michael, if you can't speak nicely then don't even speak to me at all."

" me? Nicely? To you? Pssh that would probably happen when pigs fly. Sha do and stand up from the bed, we have a long day today."

With that he left my room and didn't even bother to shut the the door. Hmmph this boy is testing my Patience and so help me God when I decent on him, he won't like him self at all. I finally managed to gather my strength, say a word of prayer and I got up heading to the kitchen. I meet Mr idowu there making breakfast indomie and fried eggs.

" good morning sir."

"Good morning Adeyemi, you don't look too good didn't you sleep well?"

" umm, no I had a nightmare. But I'll be alright, it's nothing I haven't seen before. Oh how about I help you with that."

I said tacked-fully changing the topic. He smiled at me letting me take over the cooking while he went to freshen up. It was 7:30 in the morning, a Saturday morning for that matter. All I wanted was to sleep eat and study for my exams that was now two weeks away. Once I was done I dished the food and placed them in the dinning table.

I also went to freshen up too and few minutes later I came back dressed in and Black and gray pattened sweatshirt and joggers. March, Michael and Mr idowu were already seated eating there food. Ignoring them I dived into my food As well taking a gulp of oranges juice in between to push it down. Once I was done eating I procedure to stand up but Mr Idowu stopped me Saying.

" hold on not so fast. Let talk, you woke up screaming ... Is there something you would like us to hear?"

"I had a nightmare. It's not serious."

" are you sure? because it's becoming a habit of you having nightmare that make you scream only on the 14th of July. The same day your other siblings can't get enough sleep or any at all for that matter"

I looked at him. What was he getting at, i mean I knew what he was getting at but still. I Really didn't want to talk about it, I haven't spoke about it to anyone why do I have to do so now. Urgh I wish I could just stand up and walk away, but ever since Mr idowu apologized he has been showing us that indeed he was a better person.

"Adeyemi we know... I know that you are hurting, you have been ever since this day 8 years ago. You know a problem shared is a problem half solved. Let me help you , let us help you."

"I really don't want to talk but if I must then they have to leave, Michael and March have to leave if you really want me to open up"

I said with my face blank and void of every and any emotion. I wasn't going to do this with them listening, in-fact I Wasn't doing this at all if Idont get an apology from them. Obviously they both didn't like my statement, this was as good as a family meeting and me wanting them out of the way before I open up didn't sit well with them. They flared up obviously and March being my older sister was the first to speak as she said.

" excuse you! What is that supposed to mean ? Hmm what is that supposed to mean, abi you are not alright ni. What is so hard in opening your mouth waaaa and telling us what the actual fuck is wrong with you !!!"

" abi oo. I don't even know why you are in this family when you can't connect  to any of us. What's the point of you being our sibling when we can't count on you."

Michael was the one that said that yelling at me. I smiled, even though at that point it would be reasonable to yell back, I smiled, even though all that was within me was telling me to leave this house because this people don't deserve me, I smiled, knowing I didn't have the strength to end the storm that was already buearing. I sight the smile still plastered on my face even thought it didn't reach my eyes. I stood up, took a shot bow before saying.

" I am sorry but, I have an exam to prepare for and I need to go and study."

I turned and headed for the stairs that lead to my room. I could feel there heated gaze on me , and i could that if looks could burn, my whole Body will be on fire right now. I just shook my head and sighed, lol I really am not ready for this chapter not today, not When I have an exam to be focused on. The minute I was safely back in my room I hear March yell

"Can too just imagine, she walked out on us! She, urgh the nerves of her Maddlyen!! Maddlyen better come back out here and explain yourself, mad girl, no wonder mother named her Maddlyen because she knew she has the tendency to be mad—"

My own sister calling me mad?, I am not surprised she has called me worse things than that. I plugged in my ears phone and began to listen to the previous recoding on English language. Once I was done with that I watch an Compulsive educational video on the Government. After about 3 more hours of none stop learning and studying for my exams I finally took a break by get some sleep in hopes I won't wake up screaming again.

✨✨

♨♨♨♨♨

Hiiii every one Chloe Babajide here . I just want to sincerely apologize for the delay in updates, anyway I hope you guys really enjoyed this chapter.

Sooo special announcement.
Today is a very special day for the author of A twin with a difference.
She turns a year older today and I would like us to celebrate her the best way we can by voting commenting and sharing her books,A twin with a difference and At the verge of it all.

Hit me up in the Comment section with your throughts. And pls dont forget to Click the cute star button on your way out. 
Thank you
🥺
♥♥♥