𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

I still can't believe I had the best birthday celebration ever, and the best part is, I got more gifts than I had even expected or hoped for. By the time I got home that day it was already past eleven, almost midnight. This was because rain wouldn't stop falling heavily that day and by the time it finally stopped it was 10 o'clock.

Thank God I knew March's number by heart. I had to tell miss Mayowa to call her for me.
Once I was able to inform her that I wasn't in any form of danger I finally relaxed enjoying my birthday cake small Chops and drinks that was available. Every one else who was around for the party did the same thing, they called home to let them know of their where about and that they weren't in any form of danger.

I am just glad I didn't have any exam that week until the following week. Even though it was an exam for 16 subject it was evenly spaced out. That was to give us enough time to prepare for the next paper. For me it was social studies on Monday followed by basic technology and agriculture on Thursday and Friday. I yawned tiredly trying my best not to sleep in class despite the heavy down pour of rain.

It had been raining since morning, since I got to school, which was  why some of my class mates didn't come to school including Gage. The rain must have really disturbed his movements today because I remember him promising to be in school today so we can study for our next paper. If only I knew I wouldn't have wasted Transport fair to come to school today.

I smile as I listened to my recorder on the subject social studies. This smile was present on my face not because of what I was listen to but because of the events of yesterday. I actually ended up going home with 200,000 naira.

Yes that much 150,000 was my cut from the huge amount of money we made from winning the ballet competition a few months ago. The remaining 50 was the money I got from different people as the celebrant of the day yesterday. I was overwhelmed and overjoyed because 200,000 is like 2 million in the year 2016.

After a while of struggling with sleep, I finally gave in because the rain doubled it's pace as it fell even heavier. I am Soo happy we don't have exam tomorrow, which means If I really wanted to sleep now I could with both eyes closed. I took in a deep breath and got to it, using my school bag as a pillow. I slept like one who pulled an all nighter the previous night.

I woke up due to the loud chatting of my class mates. Couldn't they talk quietly or something, I checked the wall clock in our class room and it read 1:25pm, I had been fast asleep for 4 hours. I better get going since the person I was super to study with didn't even show. I got up from my sit with my school bag with me and headed for the ladies lavatory. Once I was done with my business there I checked my self in the mirror just to be sure I didn't have a droll on me. In that moment I heard one of the girls who was also looking at the mirror with me saying

" Siiis gawd, Its a shame an Ugly girl like you could make the head girl  loose her self worth in this  school."

" Oh sorry girl, I'm not a mirror. But here is one right here, you should really check it to see who is uglyer"

I said and with out given her to time to process or give a reply I walked out of the lavatory. With out putting much thought into it, I headed out of School and went home straight. I got home An hour thirty minutes later due to the hold up I experienced on my way.

" I'm Home! March ? Michael? Anyone?

I heard the loud groan of someone. Who ever it was the person was in trouble or in pain. The sound of the groan again made my feet take the lead in search of the source of the voice.
By the time I traced the voice to the source, it was in Mr and Mrs Idowu's bathroom. She was in the bath tub laying there with a pained expression on her face.

"I... I... Good afternoon ma... Are you okay? You don't look too good. should I get help?"

I stuttered and in response she groaned even louder shutting her eyed tightly in pain. I assessed her body and it was then I noticed that they was blood flowing down her legs. I panicked immediately and said

" Oh.my.gawd. you look Terrible what happened to you. Hold on I'll go get help."

With that I dashed out of the bathroom, out of her room, and to my room to grab my phone.  I dialed March's number, it kept ringing, and just when I was about to give up and call Michael instead she picked the call. Once she did I began yelling frantically into the phone saying:

" It's is Mrs Idowu she is bleeding!! She is bleeding seriously!!!"

" Hello, what did you mean bleeding, where are you?"

" I am at home March and she is bleeding seriously in her bath tub. Pls we need to save her, call her husband call emergency number call Any one you can call, I don't want her to die."

I said crying loudly into the phone . Before march could respond I heard another sharp scream which made my heart pick up it pace. I didn't bother ending the call as I abandoned my phone carelessly on my study table. I dashed out of my room and into Mrs Idowu's room going straight to the bathroom I got to see that the situation was worse than before.

"Don't die ma, please ma do not die. You are the only family I have left ma, haaaa ahhhhh ma pls stay with me, look at me I am right here, remember you hate me "

I said tear steaming from my eyes and catarrh running from my nose none stop. She scream again this time even louder, what ever pain she was going through must have gotten worse because the blood was now gushing out of her. At this rate she might end up dying If something wasn't done.

Shortly after I noticed that  I heard the siren of the ambulance. I was so thankful for that because I had already began to fear the worse. The sound of my name being called by Mr Idowu put my heart to rest a bit. Thank God he was here on time to take care of his wife, it would have been catastrophic if he delayed

" Over here, I am in here. pls hurry."

I said and Mr Idowu walked in along with the Paramedics of the ambulance. they quickly got to work stoping the bleeding and puting her in a stretcher before dragging her out. Mr idowu followed them to the hospital not bothering to spare me a glance. I don't blame him though i would have done the same I were in his shoes. This was his wife we are talking about, why waste time talking to me when your wife's life is on the line.

I went to my room to pick some of my oldest clothes that I could used to clean the blood. I change out of my school uniform into something old and casual. This is because I knew no matter how I wanted to do it my clothes were going to get stained with Mrs Idowu's blood. It's not like I didn't want to get stained but at least not my new and recent clothes.

Going back to the scene of the incident I got to work making sure there was not a single trace of blood any where, the bathroom was clean again like nothing ever happened here . ITV was in that process of cleaning that I notice an empty bottle lying helplessly on the floor. Ignoring the fact that half of my body and cloth was stained with blood , and I need to disposed these used clothes lying on the floor. I satisfied my curiosity going to pick up the container, low and behold it was rat poison.