𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

It was another uneventful day at Oceanview's academy. The only event that was happening this fine Tuesday Morning was the announcement of results. Yes, the result for the test we wrote a week ago, was finally out and they were going to announce it today at the assembly hall.

I and Gage were walking to school this morning and Denise the new student from science class joined us on our way here. The car his family driver used in bring us to school developed fault and the driver has been going back and forth to fix it. Although his parents gives him money for transport fair, he would rather keep the money so he could either Save it or used it to buy something extra for lunch break.

" so Denise where are you from."

" Transylvania, I am Dracula's grandson."

He responded to Gage with all seriousness and I busted out laughing. Gage was utterly confused as to why I was laughing, he obviously wasn't getting the joke, if only he had watched the movie Hotel Transylvania maybe he would actually get the joke. Since Gage was too confused to give an appropriate response I said.

" oh how wonderful. And I am Mavis Dracula, your beloved mother."

" and who am I supposed to be? Good luck Jonathan President of this imaginary world you all pulled me into?."

Gage responded because he was feeling left out of the inside joke Denise and I shared. This only caused an uproar of laughing from Denise and I because it would have been perfect if he just said Jonathan and the whole Dracula family will be complete. Father,mother and child but he hadn't watched Hotel Transylvania yet so he won't understand.

" will you to stop laughing at me and explain to me what is soo funny."

" sorry man, but bro have you watched Hotel Transylvania. If you have then you'll totally get the inside joke we just pulled on you right now."

" ooh so it's a movie. Where are they showing it?"

" don't worry I'll fing out for you. Come on we don't want to be late."

Said Denise and we followed his lead entering the school gate and heading to our classes . It was 7:15 am on dot and Immediately we all dropped our bags at our various seats in our various classes. We came back out at the same time and headed for the assembly hall with our S.O.P in our hands.

" all things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things bright and wonderful the lord God made them all."

We all sang from our S.O.P as we stood in our different lines. After the hymns the assembly prefect took us in prayers and once that was done the principal came up the stage to deliver the results of the test. I had to use my hand to hold my month so I don't squeal in excitement.

"Greetings students, I hope you all have had a beautiful night rest. It's the moment we have all been waiting for and I am sure you all are so excited. First of, I am delighted to inform you all that a good number of people wrote their names down and turned up for the test. But you all know, many are called but few are chosen. Now the few that are chosen to represents for the D Genius competition are.

Gage Trevor Macaulay
Denise Ayomikun Falade
Samantha oluwafumilayo Adigun
Japheth Abayomi
Makenzie Oluwaseyi ojo

Congratulations to you all and please endeavors to see me during closing hour. Have a nice day."

Should I say I am not surprised. Well that's the best way to put it, because I knew I had it coming but still I was hopeful, i was hopeful that my name would be on that list. I was hopeful that I get to participate just like the rest of my peers. I was really hopeful but my hopes were dashed into a million pieces when my name wasn't called. Either ways I accepted my fate, moved on and went to my class like nothing happened. Gage was hot on my tail and the minute I was about to enter my class he grabbed my wrist stopping me in my track.

" let. Me. Go Gage"

"Why? Why didn't you tell me."

" How, how was I supposed to know I won't make the list, heck I don't even know what I scored."

" fair point. I'll see what I can do about it, but I am not going to that competition without you"

"Gage. No, Gage!"

I screamed after him but he didn't stop, he was already half way across the hall heading To the principals office. Not knowing what else to do, I followed him but that didn't stop him. He burst into the principals office and I had to wait at the entrance not having the courage to enter. I just stayed rooted to the spot listening to the conversation between Gage and the principal with the principal going first.

" what is the meaning of this Mr Macaulay, can't you see i am in a meeting, not even a courtesy of knocking first. I demand an explanation."

" I should be the one demanding an explanation. Why is Maddy — Miss Cokers name not on that list."

"Excuse me? Is that why you barged into my office creating nuisance. For your information the cut off mark is 70 and she score way below 70 way way below . You are fighting a lost cause Mr Macaulay, now if you have nothing better to say or do then leave my office.

" very well then. I apologize for my unruly behavior. But I am not going to that competition with out Miss Coker by my side."

"Excuse me?"

" you hear Me, so it either two of us goes or none of us go."

And just like that he left the office of the principal ignoring me who was standing by the main entrance of the principals office. It was pointless to run after him now, so with a heavy heart fearing I had lost my best friend I went to my class room. Our first class was Mathematics and because I didn't understand or rather I wasn't interested in understanding what the teacher was teaching, I zoned out and fell asleep in class.

I couldn't Concentrates Knowing Gage might be up set with me, I just brought out my recorder for each of the class throughout that day and made the recorder do all the listening while I did all the sleeping. Yes I slept through all the classes that day. I just wasn't Myself any more, to make matters worse, when it was closing time, I went to Gage's class to look for him but he wasn't on seat, not even his bag was there which meant he had gone home, he went home without me.

This has never happened before and I didn't know when I sat at the entrance of his class crying my eyes out. This lasted for like 2 hour's until I heard Denise's voice who out of his human compassion pulled me up and hugged me in a comforting way. I couldn't help but think of those time I and Gage hugged And fresh tears were pouring from my eyes. Why had Gage chosen to punish me like this, what did I do to deserve this maltreatment.

" hey shhhh. It's okay, it's going to be okay Maddlyen calm down. We'll figure something out, but let get you home first it's pass three."

" yea, you're right."

I said sniffing and trying my best to stop crying as I wiped my tears with my face towel carried my bag and followed his lead. Once we got to the gate he called a bike man to take me home Straight and he paid the bike man with his own transport fair while he walked home.

✨✨

♨♨♨♨♨

Hiiii every one Chloe Babajide here . I just want to sincerely thank you all for your support, by voting and commenting on this book. Without you this books wouldn't be on 700 views when it was formally 600 views a week ago. So thank you once again and I apologize for the delay in updates, anyway I hope you guys really enjoyed this chapter.

So this is to let you all that the De Genius academic competition is a form of collaboration between me and two other people. Ortsejolomi_  1stBukky
The collaboration with this two will be staring real soon .This means there characters will begin to appear in this book. So In other not to miss out on the fun, do check out there books Gallery of a broken heart and Behind that smile.

Hit me up in the Comment section with your throughts. And pls dont forget to Click the cute star button on your way out. Thank you.
♥♥♥